Mosquito nets

Old June 5th 04, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Parahandy[_2_]

Default Mosquito nets

I've probably an impending trip to Scotland on the cards, when I was up
there last weekend non camping visit I noted the Midges were out. I
remember someone saying there was a source for those headnets in the UK i.e.
the one that look like those things bee keepers use.
Anyone know where I can buy these contact details etc.
thanks

Old June 16th 04, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
King Queen

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:02:44 +0100, "Stuart Gray"
wrote:

You don't need the funny hat, just buy a cake of Avon's perfumed soap, keeps
the little buggers away like nothing else and makes you smell nice. Just
don't make eye contact with other men and you'll be OK.

Ah yes SkinSoSoft. Bizarre that - completely undocumented feature is
that it seems to be a really good insect repellant, much better than
DEET. That and lemongrass / citronella.
--
King Queen - Remove .lartsspammers to reply. http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
"Advertising is the rattling of a stick in a swill bucket" George Orwell
Old June 17th 04, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
kqr :
[...] SSS is a tried and tested effective repellant
because it negates the natural pheremone/chemicals that attract the
buggers in the first place.

So where can I gte some of this stuff? Do I have to find my local Avon
lady? I don't even know if we have one round here. Trouble is I need
it soon.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw [email protected]
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old June 17th 04, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On 17 Jun 2004 09:54:47 +0100, Adrian D. Shaw wrote:

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
kqr :
[...] SSS is a tried and tested effective repellant
because it negates the natural pheremone/chemicals that attract the
buggers in the first place.

So where can I gte some of this stuff? Do I have to find my local Avon
lady? I don't even know if we have one round here. Trouble is I need
it soon.

On-line my dear chap. On-line.
http://www.avon.uk.com/PRSuite/buying/buyingavon.jsp
95/284 5/219 c.100/300 (900m with drop100m )
Old June 17th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart Gray[_2_]

"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:10:48 +0100, kqr wrote:

In article ,

wrote

wrote:

You don't need the funny hat, just buy a cake of Avon's perfumed

soap, keeps
the little buggers away like nothing else and makes you smell nice.

Just
don't make eye contact with other men and you'll be OK.

Ah yes SkinSoSoft. Bizarre that - completely undocumented feature is
that it seems to be a really good insect repellant, much better than
DEET. That and lemongrass / citronella.

Nothing is better than DEET in the right concentration.

DEET is recommended by WHO and others.

Yes perhaps but it of no use to those with certain skin conditions
who cannot tollerate man made chemicals of that type.

You don't have to put it on your skin. I didn't.

Some people can't tolerate, so called natural chemicals either.
--
Martin

My money is still on the Avon soap. Scotch midgies are fearsome creatures
which won't be put off by any chemical cocktail, but give them a whiff of
the very feminine smelling soap and they're off, just like their human
counterparts. They just can't abide being around cissy smells I reckon.

Stuart.