Raising the roof...

Old June 6th 04, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tom

Default Raising the roof...

Help, please!
All prepared for the state visit to the Lake District with the trailer
tent, but J has had minor surgery that renders her unable to
lift/strive/work with anything heavier than a glass of white wine...
Problem: how do I open the lid/floor of the trailer tent? The tent's a
Raclet Solena, which opens through 180 degrees so that the roof of the
trailer becomes the floor of half the tent. This has to be done almost
single handed as my left hand isn't what it was (don't ask!)
Bright ideas gratefully accepted.
TIA
--
tom
Old June 6th 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
drew

Tom wrote:
Help, please!
All prepared for the state visit to the Lake District with the trailer
tent, but J has had minor surgery that renders her unable to
lift/strive/work with anything heavier than a glass of white wine...
Problem: how do I open the lid/floor of the trailer tent? The tent's a
Raclet Solena, which opens through 180 degrees so that the roof of the
trailer becomes the floor of half the tent. This has to be done almost
single handed as my left hand isn't what it was (don't ask!)
Bright ideas gratefully accepted.
TIA

Ask a neighbour or the site manager to help. I have always found that
campers are willing to lend a hand.

Drew. (A fellow Raclet owner)

Old June 8th 04, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tom

In article , drew
writes
Problem: how do I open the lid/floor of the trailer tent? The tent's a
Raclet Solena, which opens through 180 degrees so that the roof of the
trailer becomes the floor of half the tent. TIA

Ask a neighbour or the site manager to help. I have always found that
campers are willing to lend a hand.

Drew. (A fellow Raclet owner)

Ah, yes, of course! Suppose I'm rather reluctant to actively seek help.
Suppose I'd been expecting a solution based on the rigging of a four
masted barque...common sense wins the day!
Thanks.
--
tom