You might like this

Old June 9th 04, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.camping
kqr

Default You might like this

Went to this site recently. Some of you might like it.

http://home.freeuk.com/kqrq/index.htm
Old June 9th 04, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.camping

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:20:35 +0100, kqr wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

| Went to this site recently. Some of you might like it.
|
| http://home.freeuk.com/kqrq/index.htm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So you checked your own site. Big deal!

This is a classic way for spammers to advertise their *own* sites.

Dave F

Old June 9th 04, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.camping
King Queen

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 09:40:13 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:20:35 +0100, kqr wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

| Went to this site recently. Some of you might like it.
|
| http://home.freeuk.com/kqrq/index.htm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So you checked your own site. Big deal!

This is a classic way for spammers to advertise their *own* sites.

Think you'll find he's referring to the *camp site* he reviews on his
website.

10/10 for observation.
--
King Queen - Remove .lartsspammers to reply. http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
"Advertising is the rattling of a stick in a swill bucket" George Orwell
Old June 9th 04, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.camping
Richard Pattle

"kqr" wrote in message
t...
Went to this site recently. Some of you might like it.

http://home.freeuk.com/kqrq/index.htm

Nice idea but could you perhaps make the colour scheme a little more
tasteful? I know that sounds picky but the entry page could put people off.

Old June 9th 04, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.camping
Mary Fisher

"Richard Pattle" wrote in message

"kqr" wrote in message
t...
Went to this site recently. Some of you might like it.

http://home.freeuk.com/kqrq/index.htm

Nice idea but could you perhaps make the colour scheme a little more
tasteful? I know that sounds picky but the entry page could put people

off.

Very, very difficult to read. Just because colours are vailable doesn't mean
that they should all be used. Dark backgrounds are unprofessional and bad
manners to potential readers. I can't be bothered.

Not that my opinion counts for anything but it supports your comment,
Richard.

Mary

Mary

Old June 9th 04, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.camping
Justin C

In article , Mary Fisher wrote:

"Richard Pattle" wrote in message

"kqr" wrote in message
t...
Went to this site recently. Some of you might like it.

http://home.freeuk.com/kqrq/index.htm

Nice idea but could you perhaps make the colour scheme a little more
tasteful? I know that sounds picky but the entry page could put people

off.

Very, very difficult to read. Just because colours are vailable doesn't mean
that they should all be used. Dark backgrounds are unprofessional and bad
manners to potential readers. I can't be bothered.

Not that my opinion counts for anything but it supports your comment,
Richard.

Thought I'd stumbled into alt.html.critique then. Seriously though, a
dark page suits some sites or suits some businesses. I looked at this
site today and I think it looks pretty neat:

http://www.shootout.uk.com/home/index.shtm

and this site would certainly not be improved being on a light or bright
background:

http://www.alchemygothic.com/html/alchemygothic.html

Anyway, this isn't alt.html.critique so I'll stop there, perhaps you
might find the group of interest though!

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old June 9th 04, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Mary Fisher

"Justin C" wrote in message
mon.co.uk...
In article , Mary Fisher

wrote:

"Richard Pattle" wrote in

message

"kqr" wrote in message
t...
[...]

Not particularly although I agree that the subject matter especially of the
latter makes the balck suitable for a background.

There's one big difference though, I could read the above sites - the type
was in white. Colours on black are not the same.

No idea what alt.html.critique is but it doesn't matter :-)

Mary

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Old June 9th 04, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
kqr

In article . co.uk,
wrote

In article , Mary Fisher wrote:
"Richard Pattle" wrote in message
"kqr" wrote in message
t...
Went to this site recently. Some of you might like it.

http://home.freeuk.com/kqrq/index.htm

Nice idea but could you perhaps make the colour scheme a little more
tasteful? I know that sounds picky but the entry page could put people

off.

Ok - I could tone it down.

Very, very difficult to read. Just because colours are vailable doesn't mean
that they should all be used.

They were chosen for a purpose.

Dark backgrounds are unprofessional

Why? never heard that before. I thought the high
contrast might be useful to some. Besides who said
I was professional or that it was a professional
offering? It's just a vehicle to provide information
is all.

and bad manners to potential readers. I can't be bothered.

Ok, fair comment - but i am unlikely to be bothered unless
you can offer something which clearly defines 'bad manners'
when it comes to web sites.

Not that my opinion counts for anything but it supports your comment,
Richard.

Thought I'd stumbled into alt.html.critique then. Seriously though, a
dark page suits some sites or suits some businesses. I looked at this
site today and I think it looks pretty neat:

http://www.shootout.uk.com/home/index.shtm

So do I.

and this site would certainly not be improved being on a light or bright
background:
http://www.alchemygothic.com/html/alchemygothic.html

lol

Anyway, this isn't alt.html.critique so I'll stop there, perhaps you
might find the group of interest though!
Justin.

Quite.......but I will redo the site and include
a cut from the 'original' draft which I removed
because I thought it might offend the intelligence
of some.

Thank you for your observations.