back to tenting..

Old June 9th 04, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Seroxat Mad

Default back to tenting..

Hi

Just bought a tent to go walking...

Was thinking about the Luss site of the CCC.

Can you camp near water and also anyone know anygood sites around that area
or dumfries way similar.

Will be on my own (:

Regards

John

---

Old June 9th 04, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C

In article , Seroxat Mad wrote:
Hi

Just bought a tent to go walking...

Was thinking about the Luss site of the CCC.

Can you camp near water and also anyone know anygood sites around that area
or dumfries way similar.

I can't comment on the CCC site at Luss but on the other side of the
loch, at the foot of Ben Lomond, is a Forestry Comission site that is on
the waters (water's?) edge, here's a link:

http://www.forestholidays.co.uk/cara...tes/cashel.asp

I'd like to stay there myself but my fiance (ooh... getting married on
Tuesday so won't call her that much longer!) attracts midges and mozzies
like celebrities attract photographers. I've always found the facilities
on FC sites to be of a high standard (apart from the toilets at Hollands
Wood but even they aren't *that* bad). Also, the site is at the end of
the road, you'll hear no traffic apart from that coming across the loch
but it's quite wide there, sounds idyllic to me, let me go and pack....
bugger, can't I've a wedding to go to

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old June 9th 04, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Seroxat Mad

thx m8 - well my wifes of 15 years (i am 36) is stoping at our touring
van(its sited) cos i want some time alone lol
"Justin C" wrote in message
mon.co.uk...