ukcampsite.co.uk

Old June 10th 04, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Matthew Augier \(dps\)

Default ukcampsite.co.uk

Many people here use it? I signed up the other day and posted a couple of
messages on there forums no problems. But I was having problems tracking the
messages I had posted/responded to... SO I made a post in the "Feedback,
Ideas and Help Requests" section asking, and got a reply that helped but was
not that good in my opinion. So I made a suggestion that they should look
for some better forum software, the result. The whole thread has been
deleted and my account has been terminated / suspended? No reason , no
response, just my account is no longer active and all the forums are locked
to me. I've emailed them at least 5 times now to ask why and not had one
response. If I had got angry, sworn etc. I might of understood, but as I
have NO idea WHY my account has been made "non active" !! The only thing I
can come up with is that they don't like negative feedback or ideas that
don't match there idea? Totally stunned at this appalling behaviour.

Mat

Old June 10th 04, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C

In article , Matthew Augier (dps) wrote:
Many people here use it?

Used the site a few times, never used the forum. Strikes me as a
business masquerading as a camper's forum/resource. It's trying to sell
too many things to be just a resource; they're definitely trying to make
money, not just cover costs and consequently they're not going to do
things you want them to do to make things better for you unless it makes
things better for them.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old June 10th 04, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
David klyne

--
"Matthew Augier (dps)" wrote in message
[...]

They are equally sensitive to offering your own website as a means of
providing information to other campers. Although they have not (so far)
barred me they have deleted posts that have suggested visiting my website.
Having said that the campsite section is a pretty good resource,
particularly where members have provided feed back.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old June 10th 04, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

"Matthew Augier \(dps\)" said...
Many people here use it? I signed up the other day and posted a couple of
messages on there forums no problems.

I tried to. That is, I found a campsite from the recommendations
on the website and liked it (the campsite) when I got there. I
was going to post a favourable review; however I discovered that
I would need to sign up first. This I did, but that was a couple
of weeks ago now and I've still not had a reply from them. I've
concluded 'what the heck, I can't be bothered'. *Shrug*

The campsite in question is the one in Porlock I posted here
about recently: at least I've been able to tell people whom I
know will be interested.
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.
Old June 11th 04, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Dan

"Matthew Augier \(dps\)" wrote in
:

[...]

I've had posts deleted for no reason and it is maddening. I posted a
question about having problems with tinurl, and they even deleted that!!!
The people on the board are fine, but the webmasters seem very uptight
Old June 16th 04, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
J Beard

Used the site a few times, never used the forum. Strikes me as a
business masquerading as a camper's forum/resource. It's trying to sell
too many things to be just a resource; they're definitely trying to make
money, not just cover costs and consequently they're not going to do
things you want them to do to make things better for you unless it makes
things better for them.

What a ridiculous comment from someone who in their own admission doesn't
use the site regularly.

I happen to use the site a hell of a lot, and it's constantly being changed
for the better and for the good of the users. We make a lot of suggstions on
the boards, which are frequently implemented.

it's run by a couple of blokes in their spare time, so you can hardly blame
them for trying to make it pay either..... ( i've met them at a meet , and
trust me, they're good blokes, spending half their lifes updating and
working on the site )

visit http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk and actually read what some of the people
who use it are actually saying , before spreading such crap.

as for the original post, pick up your rattle, and get back in your pram,
what's the big deal , appalling behaviour my arse, did you pay to use the
website?

Old July 11th 04, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Rustyspanner Spanner

Uk Campsite is one of the best websites around for camping and
caravanning. It has over 20,000 members signed up to it and hold
rally's every couple of weeks throughout the UK, which are very well
attended.
It is run voluntary, the webmasters are doing it in their own time, and
aske for nothing in return. The little bits of money that is made goes
back into the running of the servers. The members than use the site are
supportive, and offer the best advice around.
Do you really expect the webbys to take heed of every little improvent
that all the members want. We cant have everything in life. Get over
it.
But then again we here havent seen your post so dont know what was in it
and what was said, we also dont know what you wrote in your "how many
Emails". If i was bonbarded with complaint emails from one person i
probably wouldnt reply back either, its not worth the hassel when all
your doing is trying to provide a decent place for everyone to post.

At the end of the day if you dont like what is happening on UKCS then
dont go there, and if you can do any better good luck to you , i look
forward to seeing your super duper camping and caravan forum very soon