Alloy or Steel ?

Old October 7th 03, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Raymond Hopkins

Default Alloy or Steel ?

We have had a full awning for 11years with alloy poles
camp over 120 nights every year, winds, gales, everythink
nature can throw at us, whats the problem.
Ray
"Stan" wrote in message
We are just about to purchase our first awning and I am presented with the
choice of Alloy or Steel poles.

The Alloy are obviously lighter (approx half the weight of the steel

frame)
but are there any other advantages and more importantly are there and
disadvantages over the steel option i.e.. are they weaker, do they stick
more?

Any opinions on the two options will be greatly received.

--
Stan

supporter of :
http://www.caravannersreunited.co.uk/