Campfires

Old June 11th 04, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tom[_3_]

Default Campfires

Does anyone know where I could camp in the Lake District and be allowed to
set up a campfire.

Is there a nice site, private land most probably, where
the owner allows this.

Someone on this newsgroup gave me the address of a fantastic place nr
Barmouth that I have used for the last 3 years, the owner actually sells
firewood if needed. Now I've moved to Scotland so it is too far to travel.

I'm meeting family coming up from Liverpool.

Many Thanks

Tony

Old June 11th 04, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tom[_3_]

I mean [email protected]

Old June 11th 04, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:06:36 +0100, Tom wrote:

Does anyone know where I could camp in the Lake District and be allowed to
set up a campfire.

Fisherground.
95/284 5/219 c.100/300 (900m with drop100m )

Old June 15th 04, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
John-news-group

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:06:36 +0100, "Tom" wrote:

Does anyone know where I could camp in the Lake District and be allowed to
set up a campfire.

Is there a nice site, private land most probably, where
the owner allows this.

Hi

If you use one of our wood burning stove on a camp site you will not
leave any trace.

Use two house bricks and put the stove of them or take up a piece of
turf about 400mm x 400mm

I have done this lots of time are the site owers have been fine about
it

John
-------------------------------------
O C Outdoor
www.occuk.co.uk/outdoor
--------------------------------------
Old June 16th 04, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Damon

Hi guys,

Same question but location in pembrokeshire - want a site fairly close to
the sea which allows fires. Anybody have ideas?

Just been to the Hollybush Campsite in Hay on Wye. Was great site for
fires!

Damon

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi Phil anf Fran

Many thanks.

Old June 17th 04, 01:18 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
cena

We have camped pretty extensively around pembrokeshire and have found as
long as you put your campfire in a barbie you do not have many probs. You
can pick up a suitable barbie from tesco for less than 2 quid. Not a
dispoasable one. As long as you ensure it is off the grass!!! ( Not the
smoking kind)

Steve
"Damon" wrote in message
Hi guys,

Same question but location in pembrokeshire - want a site fairly close to
the sea which allows fires. Anybody have ideas?

Just been to the Hollybush Campsite in Hay on Wye. Was great site for
fires!

Damon

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi Phil anf Fran