Kyham Freelander

Old June 14th 04, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Barry Collins

Default Kyham Freelander

Anyone have one? what are your views on it? I am seeking a quick erect tent
for two but one that gives a bit more internal space than smaller domes. I
want one that will not take up much room in the car and is good for over
night stops.

Cheers

Old June 15th 04, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Simon Mc

Hi Barry,

I've just bought a Vango Equinox 250 and put it up single-handed in 10
minutes the first time out of the bag. It's tunnel type tent, very spacious,
sleeps 2-3 and has a vast porch..over 6 foot long! It's a 3-4 season tent so
will fare better than the Kyhams and has alloy poles (I think the Kyhams are
plastic?).

I suspect that 2 people could get it put up in 5 minutes. Cost 179 from
www.camperlands.co.uk. or just do a search on t'internet.

Regards,

Simon Mc.
news

Old June 15th 04, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Barry Collins

Thanks Simon will look at that

Old June 16th 04, 01:02 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:07:48 +0100, "Simon Mc"
wrote:

Hi Barry,

I've just bought a Vango Equinox 250 and put it up single-handed in 10
minutes the first time out of the bag. It's tunnel type tent, very spacious,
sleeps 2-3 and has a vast porch..over 6 foot long! It's a 3-4 season tent so
will fare better than the Kyhams and has alloy poles (I think the Kyhams are
plastic?).

I suspect that 2 people could get it put up in 5 minutes. Cost 179 from
www.camperlands.co.uk. or just do a search on t'internet.

Regards,

Simon Mc.

I have a great respect for the Vango Equinox 250 and 350 tents. Vango
haven't changed the design of these for quite a few years, I can see
why.

I never owned one but I do have the Hurricane Alpha which is basically
a tiny version of the Equinox, and made of the same fabric, and with
similar taping of the seams, pole sleeve system, and tension band
system. I have used an Equinox however, and the ease with which the
poles are inserted in their sleeves really does make it a doddle to
put up solo.

Haha, you'd almost think I worked for them! I don't of course!

Neil

Old June 28th 04, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"Barry Collins" wrote in message
news
Anyone have one? what are your views on it? I am seeking a quick erect

tent
for two but one that gives a bit more internal space than smaller domes.

want one that will not take up much room in the car and is good for over
night stops.

Cheers

I have a freelander and it is excellent... i have been away in it 3 times
now, and the longest it has taken me (on my own) to erect is about 3 mins to
get the flysheet up, and another couple to get the inner hooked in.

The poles are very flexible, and the whole tent is wind tested to the
kyham... i have no complaints whatsoever with it.