Recharging my Coleman 6v Lamp

Old June 16th 04, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Craigy

Default Recharging my Coleman 6v Lamp

Hello all, newbie here !!

Ive just bought a Coleman rechargable lamp which can be recharged by a
cigarette lighter. As it last for 6 hours ( both tubes ) can i plug it
into my cigarette lighter for 12 hours in the day to recharge it, will
this flatten my car battery ?? I know about how to look after a lead
acid batt, but in not sure if by charging in the day off my car if
this will flatten my car batt.

Hope this makes sense,

Thanks
Old June 17th 04, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Simon Barr

In article , Craigy wrote:
Hello all, newbie here !!

Ive just bought a Coleman rechargable lamp which can be recharged by a
cigarette lighter. As it last for 6 hours ( both tubes ) can i plug it
into my cigarette lighter for 12 hours in the day to recharge it, will
this flatten my car battery ?? I know about how to look after a lead
acid batt, but in not sure if by charging in the day off my car if
this will flatten my car batt.

Hope this makes sense,

Thanks

I've got one of these too, fantastic things. Unless your car battery is
a bit suspect I don't think you're going to flatten it charging the
lamp.

I've experimented with a solar panel to recharge mine. Its a 12V 4Watt
panel which means it can't really push out more than about 300ma. Initial
testing shows the lamp seems more than happy to charge from this panel. I
connect it using the cigarette lighter charger.

HTH

--
simon at sbarr dot demon dot co dot uk
Simon Barr.