WTB Cooker Windbreak and Shoe Shelves

Old June 18th 04, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris Holmes

Default WTB Cooker Windbreak and Shoe Shelves

Hi,

We are looking to buy a folding windbreak for use with a 2 burner
cooker. Much like those that come with many camp kitchens. Does
anyone kow of anywhere that sells these separately?

Also, something to store shoes in that doesn't have a large footprint
(sic).

TIA

Chris
Old June 19th 04, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:10:02 +0100, marc marccdimspamremovedimspamto
wrote:

In article ,
says...
something to store shoes in that doesn't have a large footprint
(sic).

A placcy carrier bag, or series thereof?

ARGGHHHHHH!HHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Plastic carrier bags are the spawn of the devil on camp! :-(

No I disagree. A most useful accessory provided free when you buy your
supplies. Where else are you going to put the rubbish you generate?
The only problem is when you have more than one in use at once. It
then becomes impossible to differentiate between the bag for rubbish,
the bag for loo roll, the bags for clothes and the bag for food. These
last three tend to be in a small clear plastic bag, a neoprene coated
nylon rucksack liner and either a plastic crate, if I'm near the car.

When in backpacking mode the food goes in a carrier but the rubbish
bag is differentiated by turning it inside out. In winter I try and
remember to take a couple of extra bags to put my boots in so I can
bring them inside the tent to keep them from freezing in the porch
overnight.

Of course this is just me, almost always solo camping. Multiple
people will increase the differentiation problem in proportion to at
least the square of the number of people.
95/284 5/219 c.100/300 (900m with drop100m )
Old June 19th 04, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
King Queen

wrote:

ARGGHHHHHH!HHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Plastic carrier bags are the spawn of the devil on camp! :-(

Bin liners are great, they are the only way to deal with dirty laundry
I think.
--
King Queen - Remove .lartsspammers to reply.
http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
Old June 19th 04, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
marc[_2_]

In article , [email protected]
cook.RfErMeOeVsEeCrAvPeS.co.uk says...
A placcy carrier bag, or series thereof?

ARGGHHHHHH!HHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Plastic carrier bags are the spawn of the devil on camp! :-(

No I disagree. A most useful accessory provided free when you buy your
supplies.

And worth exactly what you paid for it.

Where else are you going to put the rubbish you generate?

A rubbish bag , bin liner etc that way you and everyone else can see what
is a rubbish and what isn't

The only problem is when you have more than one in use at once. It
then becomes impossible to differentiate between the bag for rubbish,
the bag for loo roll, the bags for clothes and the bag for food. These
last three tend to be in a small clear plastic bag, a neoprene coated
nylon rucksack liner and either a plastic crate, if I'm near the car.

When in backpacking mode the food goes in a carrier but the rubbish
bag is differentiated by turning it inside out. In winter I try and
remember to take a couple of extra bags to put my boots in so I can
bring them inside the tent to keep them from freezing in the porch
overnight.

Of course this is just me, almost always solo camping. Multiple
people will increase the differentiation problem in proportion to at
least the square of the number of people.

You have hit the nail on the head!