Dual Burner Cooker comparison

Old June 18th 04, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris Holmes

Default Dual Burner Cooker comparison

Does anyone have wide ranging experience of butane cookers?

We are thinking of getting rid of our Camping Gas Grillogaz of about 5
1999 vintage in favour of a Hi Gear or Sunngas. Mostly to get bigger
burners. However, I wonder whether these are actually more powerfull,
or whether they just emit the same amount of heat (heat/second??) over
a wider area?

Anyone know?
Old June 18th 04, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jayne

"Chris Holmes" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone have wide ranging experience of butane cookers?

We are thinking of getting rid of our Camping Gas Grillogaz of about 5
1999 vintage in favour of a Hi Gear or Sunngas. Mostly to get bigger
burners. However, I wonder whether these are actually more powerfull,
or whether they just emit the same amount of heat (heat/second??) over
a wider area?

Anyone know?

Don't know if they are more powerful, but I wouldn't swap a Camping Gaz for
a Sunngas if I were you. I work in a big camping shop and you wouldn't
believe the amount of Sunngas that are returned.

Jayne

Old June 19th 04, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris Holmes

"Jayne" wrote in message ...

Don't know if they are more powerful, but I wouldn't swap a Camping Gaz for
a Sunngas if I were you. I work in a big camping shop and you wouldn't
believe the amount of Sunngas that are returned.

Jayne

Thanks for that Jayne, as a matter of interest, do you know what the
faults are that they are returned for?
Old June 19th 04, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jayne

"Jayne" wrote in message

Don't know if they are more powerful, but I wouldn't swap a Camping Gaz

for
a Sunngas if I were you. I work in a big camping shop and you wouldn't
believe the amount of Sunngas that are returned.

Jayne

Thanks for that Jayne, as a matter of interest, do you know what the
faults are that they are returned for?

Mostly stupid faults, such as gas pipes not being correctly welded on
properly, bad joins that sort of thing.

Jayne