Camping and caravanning club

« - | - »

Old June 19th 04, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stephen (Sausagefans.com)

Default Camping and caravanning club

Which is the nearest club site to Edinburgh?

I've checked out the site finder on their website but I don't find it
the most useful and up to date.

Was thinking about flying up to Edinburgh to camp for a few nights.

Thanks
--
For recipes, cooking tips and recommended butchers
http://www.sausagefans.com/
Old June 19th 04, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Gilbert[_2_]

"Stephen (Sausagefans.com)" wrote in message
t...
Which is the nearest club site to Edinburgh?

Hi Steve
From the 2003/4 club guide there are a few in the region...
Barns Ness: about 30miles east of Edinburgh on the coast between Dunbar and
St Abb's Head
Lauder: about 20 miles south-east of Edinburgh on the A68 towards Jedburgh.
There's also one at Scone, just north of Perth, and about 30/40 miles upthe
M90 from Edinburgh.
The next nearest a two on Loch Lomond (Milarrochy Bay and Luss) to the
north-west of Glasgow, and further south there's one at Jedburgh on the A68,
and another at Moffat on the A74(M).
HTH
Gilbert

Old June 19th 04, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Gilbert[_2_]

"Stephen (Sausagefans.com)" wrote in message
t...

Thanks G, perhaps I should look at certified sites as I am considering
flying up so won't obviously have the "motor" with us, we'll be roughing
it with our rucksacks and so within walking distance of Edinburgh might
be good, that said perhaps it would be better to go "off the beaten
track" and explore some of these other places you mention?

three more closer to Edinburgh...
Edinburgh Caravan Club Site, Marine Drive, Edinburgh
Tel: 0131 312 6874
200 pitches, bus to city centre
Mortonhall Caravan Park, 38 Frogston Road East, Edinburgh
Tel: 0131 664 1533
250 pitches, 15 min from city centre
Aberlady Station Caravan Park, Haddington Road, Aberlady
Tel: 01875 870666
courtesy mini bus to station, 15 mins by train to Edinburgh

Old June 19th 04, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Gilbert[_2_]

"Stephen (Sausagefans.com)" wrote in message
t...

Thanks G, worth investigating but all sound a little caravan only?
--

They're all from the C&C Club book and have camping logos by their entries.

Old June 20th 04, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Gilbert[_2_]

"Stephen (Sausagefans.com)" wrote in message
t...

Never had you down as a camper btw?

Not since a very wet fortnight in Scotland in 1976
but I've just bought a campervan.
Now if I could just get my hair to grow back...
:O)
Cheers!
Gilbert

« - | - »