Length of camping trip

Old June 19th 04, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andrew Gill

Default Length of camping trip

What's the longest anyone has gone camping without having to go to the
shops for supplies?
I am talking about backpacking camping, not driving to your
destination then camping near the car
Old June 19th 04, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stephen (Sausagefans.com)

In article , andrewgill2001
@yahoo.co.uk says...
What's the longest anyone has gone camping without having to go to the
shops for supplies?
I am talking about backpacking camping, not driving to your
destination then camping near the car

Do you include water?
--
For recipes, cooking tips and recommended butchers
http://www.sausagefans.com/
Old June 19th 04, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
chris French

In message , Stephen
writes
In article , andrewgill2001
says...
What's the longest anyone has gone camping without having to go to the
shops for supplies?
I am talking about backpacking camping, not driving to your
destination then camping near the car

Do you include water?

I think that will becoming from the local stream :-)

I think the longest I've done is 5 days in Scotland.

ISTR that Chris Townsend went 16 days (it may even have been more) on
his Canadian Rockies trek as he got a bit lost at one point - he hadn't
planned on that long.
--
Chris French

Old June 19th 04, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bea

I went for 14 days with a friend of mine. We went backpacking all over the
Highlands and Islands of Scotland (lots of walking and little use of trains
/ buses).

We lasted 10 days before we had to buy supplies.

Old June 20th 04, 07:35 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:26:25 +0100, chris French wrote:

In message , Stephen
writes
In article , andrewgill2001
says...
What's the longest anyone has gone camping without having to go to the
shops for supplies?
I am talking about backpacking camping, not driving to your
destination then camping near the car

Do you include water?

I think that will becoming from the local stream :-)

I think the longest I've done is 5 days in Scotland.

ISTR that Chris Townsend went 16 days (it may even have been more) on
his Canadian Rockies trek as he got a bit lost at one point - he hadn't
planned on that long.

There was a chap who walked over all the 1000m hills in Scotland
without visiting a shop once. 143 days 1600 miles. He buried supplies
on his route beforehand.

See http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1841830054/

95/284 5/219 c.100/300 (900m with drop100m )
Old June 23rd 04, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
DaveB[_2_]

i once went away for 812 days......at first i was fishing for food.......no
hooks, just safety pins.....after a while i managed to land half a shoal of
kippers.......
they were very nice but after a while they taste awful.........then whilst
rambling down a hill i spotted a rare nest containing pickled mongoose
eggs.....a typical clutch of these eggs is 47 eggs........very nice but
after a while they taste awful.................then whilst foraging in
scotland i stumbled over a herd of haggis...........there must have been 92
of the darn things .............well, after a couple of hours wrestling the
beasts i'd managed to defeat them all..........3 hours on a roast
spit..........hmmm very nice......but after a while they taste
awful.............. then ...........................the alarm went off and i
had to get up for work................

Old June 24th 04, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
David[_3_]

"Bea" wrote in message ...
I went for 14 days with a friend of mine. We went backpacking all over the
Highlands and Islands of Scotland (lots of walking and little use of trains
/ buses).

We lasted 10 days before we had to buy supplies.

You are entering a clearing. There is a boarded up white house here.
There are exits N,S,E
What now ?
Old June 25th 04, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:59:02 +0100, Fran wrote:

said...
"Bea" wrote in message ...
I went for 14 days with a friend of mine. We went backpacking all over the
Highlands and Islands of Scotland (lots of walking and little use of trains
/ buses).

We lasted 10 days before we had to buy supplies.

You are entering a clearing. There is a boarded up white house here.
There are exits N,S,E
What now ?

Aaaarghh!

Yep. That thread from uk.rec.walking gets about a bit doesn't it?