Trailer Anti theft ???

Old June 22nd 04, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
DaveB[_2_]

Default Trailer Anti theft ???

As mentioned in the post above.....

I've got a loan of a trailer for our hols in a months time and i'd hate to
have it knicked.

What do you all recommend as an anti theft measure?

Thanks

Dave

Old June 22nd 04, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart Gray[_2_]

"DaveB" wrote in message
As mentioned in the post above.....

I've got a loan of a trailer for our hols in a months time and i'd hate to
have it knicked.

What do you all recommend as an anti theft measure?

Thanks

Dave

If you have kids, get the littlest one to sleep in it, or chain it to
something like a tree, or remove the wheels, or clamp it. If you're really
worried, weld it to the tow hook. :-)

Stuart

Old June 22nd 04, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
DaveB[_2_]

Thanks Stuart,

I think i'll try the tree method as i've asked my two kids and no one has
volunteered so that is a no no.( kids eh, no spirit of adventure).

Cheers

Dave

Old June 23rd 04, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
FF

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:15:10 +0100, "Stuart Gray"
wrote:

"DaveB" wrote in message
As mentioned in the post above.....

I've got a loan of a trailer for our hols in a months time and i'd hate to
have it knicked.

What do you all recommend as an anti theft measure?

Thanks

Dave

If you have kids, get the littlest one to sleep in it, or chain it to
something like a tree, or remove the wheels, or clamp it. If you're really
worried, weld it to the tow hook. :-)

Good grief! Even I wouldn't chain a kid to a tree!
ROTFL

Liz
Old June 25th 04, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paddy[_2_]

wrote:

"DaveB" wrote in message
As mentioned in the post above.....

I've got a loan of a trailer for our hols in a months time and i'd hate

have it knicked.

What do you all recommend as an anti theft measure?

Thanks

Dave

If you have kids, get the littlest one to sleep in it, or chain it to
something like a tree, or remove the wheels, or clamp it. If you're

really
worried, weld it to the tow hook. :-)

Good grief! Even I wouldn't chain a kid to a tree!
ROTFL

Liz

I think its OK to chain kids to a trailer, but not the dog or cat. RSPCA
rule 107D.
Paddy