Broadway House. Somerset

Old June 22nd 04, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
DaveB[_2_]

Default Broadway House. Somerset

Anyone tried this campsite........

Give me your views please

Dave

Old June 23rd 04, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
spanner

I went about 10 years ago and it was OK then, I know it is quite expensive
now though

"DaveB" wrote in message
Anyone tried this campsite........

Give me your views please

Dave

Old June 23rd 04, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
AndyP[_2_]

"DaveB" wrote

Anyone tried this campsite........

Give me your views please

Judging by the various "Don't you dare even look at our campsite" and
"Anyone who isn't a camper caught using these facilities will have their
skateboard rammed down their throats" type notices facing the bordering
footpath up through the woods I'd guess people who have the misfortune to
stay there don't dare stick their noses out of their tents after 9 pm and
live in perpetual fear of breaking one of the toilet block regulations.

Does look quite nice though and probably best to keep the local riff raff
out. I'd stay there if my girlfriend didn't live over the road. The
surrounding area is good for outdoorsy things and I think the site itself
does activities like archery and stuff and used to have a climbing wall.

Old June 23rd 04, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Steve

DaveB wrote:

Anyone tried this campsite........

Give me your views please

Dave

It's a big site with lots of activities, some free and some charge.

Some of the pitches are a distance from the 'facilities' but last time I
stayed there the tenters were on the lower slopes - near the pool,
clubhouse and far from the sports.

You could always ask them...
Old June 24th 04, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
DaveB[_2_]

Thanks Steve,

I've actually booked to go there but was just wondering what other people
thought.

Cheers

Dave

"Steve" wrote in message
news

Old July 2nd 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
daveasbury

Went ther last year. I liked the site. I hesitantly recommended it to
someone at work and was please they liked it also.

Firstly I have electric hook up in my tent, so I was mid way up the hill.

There is plently for the kids including a bmx track (think they may hold
international competitions) climbing,footy,table tennis,basket ball. A bike
track/walk from the site, pool.

The bar gets crowded, but does have an adult only bit with bar billiards.

I went for a long weekend and found it pretty okay. It's within a mile of
the gorge (walking) so unless you the type of camper who eats bacon sarnies
every morning :-) then that won't be a problem.

Oh yeah there is a small "zoo" on site.

"DaveB" wrote in message
Thanks Steve,

I've actually booked to go there but was just wondering what other people
thought.

Cheers

Dave

"Steve" wrote in message