Stop overs between Paris and Vinaros (Spain)

Old October 7th 03, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Pleavin

Default Stop overs between Paris and Vinaros (Spain)

Anyone got info on good stop overs around about Beaune (Burgundy) and
Montpellier in France en route for Spain in February?

Old October 7th 03, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lex M

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in
:

Anyone got info on good stop overs around about Beaune (Burgundy) and
Montpellier in France en route for Spain in February?

Maybe this story can help you:
http://www.caravanhandboek.nl/fvv/winterinspain.htm

--
Regards, Lex
http://biod.net
Old October 8th 03, 02:13 PM posted to nl.reizen.caravan,uk.rec.caravanning
Rob Ormsby

I travelled to Spain this September with my 96 Citroen Xantia 1.9TD and
Swift Challenger 470 with out problems Via Calais, Amiens, Paris, Orleans,
Clermont-Ferrand, Milau Etc then you pick up the A9 to the Spanish border

It has a lot less traffic, the rest areas have less trucks (don't you just
hate the ones with the refrigerated trailers!) and with better views and
from Clermont-Ferrand to the south of France its free motorway! There are a
lot of long pulls in the south but with Beautiful views and my Citroen coped
very well.

I don't like the route Via Lyon, much too busy and the toilets in the rest
areas are a lot older and grubby looking.

Rob Ormsby

P.S. A tip of mine to a good nights sleep in the free rest areas on French
Auto routes. Never park in the spaces reserved for caravans! Always park in
the spaces for trucks! Why? Because I have noticed that the drivers of
noisey refrigerated trucks always park as far away from the normal trucks as
possible so not to cause trouble with the other drivers. Which means they
end up next to you in the caravan spaces and you get no sleep! Speaking
from experience (Driven to Italy in June and Spain in September this year)

Old October 8th 03, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
Anyone got info on good stop overs around about Beaune (Burgundy) and
Montpellier in France en route for Spain in February?

My favourite route is via the A71 and A75. Sites open all year are in the CC
book at Salbris, Montmaraud, Clermont Ferrand, Issoire, Lodeve.
DaveK.

Old October 8th 03, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lex M

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in
:

Anyone got info on good stop overs around about Beaune (Burgundy) and
Montpellier in France en route for Spain in February?

The followup below was posted by Rob Ormsby in the Dutch newsgroup
nl.reizen.caravan
I belief it was intended to post it here. So I copied it.
NB: I disagree about using the free rest areas.
--
Regards, Lex

====================================
Subject: Stop overs between Paris and Vinaros (Spain)

Old October 8th 03, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
Anyone got info on good stop overs around about Beaune (Burgundy) and
Montpellier in France en route for Spain in February?

Beaune YES YES YES look no further but don't tell everyone

Camping les Bouleaux 21200 Vignoles. 10 mins off autoroute.

Open all year and if you are going in February it is more than likely you
will be able to stay hitched. Heated 2 year old sanitaires (virtually CC
standard) Baker normally in the morning but maybe not in low season. Can be
quite busy in May and September, probably hopeless in July August unless you
arrive early. Convenient pull in beside supermarket on roadside on way
back to autoroute. It has been said that the ground can be wet, but I have
not had experience of anything untoward.

Leave Autoroute exit 24.1 NOT 24
Follow signs for Dole, just after crossing motorway, turn left , follow your
nose until you come to a small roundabout ( readers who have been there it
is new), straight on, and it is I think the 2nd left, signposted.

If you go, say that the man with the red SAAB wants to know if Madame has
a new bike yet?? and we look forward to seeing them in May

Cheers

Smiler

Replies to

smilinsmiler is checked rarely.

Old October 9th 03, 08:42 AM posted to nl.reizen.caravan,uk.rec.caravanning
MD

you are not allowed to park in spaces reserved for trucks // if there is
much truck-traffic police can order you to move //

Old October 9th 03, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
Anyone got info on good stop overs around about Beaune (Burgundy) and
Montpellier in France en route for Spain in February?

Harry

There is a superb municipal campsite in the middle of Beaune but in season
you have to arrive early to get in. Have a look at my web site for details
on that site and many others on the 'Route South'

David - Milton Keynes
www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk
site reports

Old October 9th 03, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Alcock

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message

Anyone got info on good stop overs around about Beaune (Burgundy) and
Montpellier in France en route for Spain in February?

i am going down to the south in January and have used the A75 many
times over the years even when it was the N9 it was a superb road
but in January/february it may be difficult, as in parts is over 3000
metres high ,thus could be difficult due to bad weather, anyone been
that way at that time of year

Old October 12th 03, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"klyne" wrote in message

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
Anyone got info on good stop overs around about Beaune (Burgundy) and
Montpellier in France en route for Spain in February?

Harry

There is a superb municipal campsite in the middle of Beaune but in season
you have to arrive early to get in. Have a look at my web site for details
on that site and many others on the 'Route South'

David - Milton Keynes
www.klyne.btinternet.co.uk
Details of our Caravan Travels in the UK and Europe with help and advice

and
site reports

NB This site doesn't open until mid March