Mantles for gas lights ?

« - | - »

Old June 24th 04, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
JK[_5_]

Default Mantles for gas lights ?

Probably been asked before.

Are all mantles for Gas lamps the same.?(Cartridge gas type)
I want to get a few for spares and don't know if there is any differences.

JK

Old June 24th 04, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jayne

"JK" wrote in message
Probably been asked before.

Are all mantles for Gas lamps the same.?(Cartridge gas type)
I want to get a few for spares and don't know if there is any differences.

JK

No they aren't all the same - which model gas lantern do you have?

Jayne

Old June 24th 04, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

"JK" wrote in message
Probably been asked before.

Are all mantles for Gas lamps the same.?(Cartridge gas type)
I want to get a few for spares and don't know if there is any differences.

JK

not all the same. but i have succesfully fitted wrong types before. i
suggest you *DONT* do this unless you know what you're doing as the
consequences could be deadly - literally

Old June 26th 04, 12:49 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
JK[_5_]

it is a Lidl job......called a walkover !!!!
the mantle when new has 3 different colours green = top.... white = centre
& pink=bottom....sort of square when new and when burned it tightens around
the gas area and sits there.... they were selling off those at 1.99 each
and I bought 2...... out of the 2 i now have one good light with a spare
mantle and 4 cartridges.
But without replacement mantles it will be useless... hope my description
helps identify them.

Thanks one and all.

JK

Old June 26th 04, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
chris French

In message , JK
writes
it is a Lidl job......called a walkover !!!!
the mantle when new has 3 different colours green = top.... white = centre
& pink=bottom....sort of square when new and when burned it tightens around
the gas area and sits there....

Err, sounds like a mantle...:-)

they were selling off those at 1.99 each
and I bought 2...... out of the 2 i now have one good light with a spare
mantle and 4 cartridges.
But without replacement mantles it will be useless... hope my description
helps identify them.

Just pop into a decent camping shop with your existing mantles and
compare them to what they have.

While there are a few different types/sizes around there is a 'standard'
type gas mantle and it is the one most likely to fit a lamp such as
yours
--
Chris French

Old June 26th 04, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
JK[_5_]

Thanks Chris.... why didn't I think of that !!!

JK

"chris French" wrote in message
news
In message , JK