Removing Offensive Posts

Old June 25th 04, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
DaveB[_2_]

Default Removing Offensive Posts

Is there a way of removing all the newsgroup posts from weirdos .........you
know the stuff......."my sister has enormous"....."beastiality" etc etc
etc..

im no prude but to be honest i visit these newsgroups trying to get help - I
dont care is she has huge **** , i dont care is she has a webpage....

There must be a way of getting rid of this cr*p

or is it just a case of...if you dont want it...dont click on the post

Dave

Old June 25th 04, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
King Queen

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:55:12 +0100, "DaveB"
wrote:

Is there a way of removing all the newsgroup posts from weirdos .........you
know the stuff......."my sister has enormous"....."beastiality" etc etc
etc..

Basically, to summarize a rather complicated system and situation: no.

im no prude but to be honest i visit these newsgroups trying to get help - I
dont care is she has huge **** , i dont care is she has a webpage....

Spam is the scourge of the Devil I agree!

There must be a way of getting rid of this cr*p

or is it just a case of...if you dont want it...dont click on the post

It's that, or you can use automated systems to try and filter out the
worst.

You can use features in your newsreader - "killfile" or sometimes
called filters or whatever - to automatically screen out the bad bits.
There are also standalone programs (like nfilter, which I use) which
can help with this - I don't see anything that has been crossposted at
all, and that clears the majority of it.

What's that quote?

"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it."--spaf (1992)

--
To email me remove ".lartsspammers"
http://www.kingqueen.org.uk

Old June 26th 04, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Gilbert[_2_]

"DaveB" wrote in message
Is there a way of removing all the newsgroup posts from weirdos

..........you
know the stuff......."my sister has enormous"....."beastiality" etc etc
etc..

Use a newsreader like Popcorn....
http://www.ultrafunk.com/products/popcorn/
and then filter out all the junk before it arrives on your computer.

There are others, just do a Google for newsreaders.
HTH
Gilbert

Old June 26th 04, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
King Queen

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:24:11 +0100, "Gilbert" wrote:

Use a newsreader like Popcorn....
http://www.ultrafunk.com/products/popcorn/
and then filter out all the junk before it arrives on your computer.

thought popcorn was just for email?

I like the facilities Agent has for filtering, seems to work quite
well.

Old June 26th 04, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:55:12 +0100, DaveB wrote:

Is there a way of removing all the newsgroup posts from weirdos .........you
know the stuff......."my sister has enormous"....."beastiality" etc etc

or is it just a case of...if you dont want it...dont click on the post

That is one way. I download all the bodies from some groups, just the
headers in others. I have a few filters set to delete obvious spam and
to download the message bodies where the subject does interest me.
Would you ever want to read a message with "girlfriend" in the
subject?

This is for OE4 but they must have them even in a broken newsreder
like OE6.