best practice for folding awnings

Old June 26th 04, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Uk_friendly_fire

Default best practice for folding awnings

I've recently bought a Folding camper that has an 8mtr wide awning.
Is there a rule of thumb to follow when folding it up for packing. ie do you
fold it along panels in 3rds. Should you fold it across windows? From memory
it was unpacked from new folded across windows and I thought it was unwise
as they could mark. Any ideas?

Old June 27th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stephen Glynn

"Uk_friendly_fire" wrote in message
I've recently bought a Folding camper that has an 8mtr wide awning.
Is there a rule of thumb to follow when folding it up for packing. ie do

you
fold it along panels in 3rds. Should you fold it across windows? From

memory
it was unpacked from new folded across windows and I thought it was unwise
as they could mark. Any ideas?

I found that as long as the windows are on the inside so to speak before you
start folding even if you do end up with some of the windows folded they
always came out ok next time.

---

Old June 28th 04, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Uk_friendly_fire

Thanks for that advice. I've also heard that u should fold it to leave the
mud flaps showing so if slightly damp it dries off quicker
Regards

Old June 28th 04, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stephen Glynn

[...]

I've never had to take it down in the rain though I always wiped the
mudflaps with a damp cloth before packing it away.

---