Camping le Patisseau, Pornic any views.

Old October 7th 03, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rob

Default Camping le Patisseau, Pornic any views.

Its getting dark earlier everyday, summers gone so I am starting to plan
next years hols. Looking at going in mid June before the French have their
summer breaks.
Anyone got anything good, bad or indifferent to say about this site the
surrounding area etc?
Nantes looks to be the nearest city, the Atlantic coast is only a couple of
kms away are there good beaches nearby?
Thanks in advance
Rob

Old October 7th 03, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

the Atlantic coast is only a couple of
kms away are there good beaches nearby?

Loads,
You like big surf, high winds?
Bit like West Wales, only more bracing.
DaveK.

Old October 8th 03, 04:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
AH

Have known Pornic for years, went over 2 years ago to introduce area to wife
and children and were heading for Camping La Patisseau having seen it in the
Alan Rogers Guide. When we arrived we may as well have been at any british
campsite except it was much busier, sites were closer together etc so I made
a hasty retreat, it wasnt what I go away for but everyone is different and I
am sure it would suit many who want a livelier holiday than I do.

However, I went up road 100 yards to turn round and came across another
site, it was absolutely superb. Typical French, exceptionally friendly
proprietors (they dont speak English but who cares?), a swimming pool, very
easy going, large pitches. It was so good that I cant exactly remember the
name without looking through a case full of brochures etc (I will do in next
couple of days), but I think it was Camping La Chenaie. I have just looked
that up on Google and it came up with it on Rue Patisseau so think it must
be correct although cannot find website and I know they used to have one.

As for the area around Pornic, I could go on and on. I have recommended it
to a few people and all have enjoyed it, I have been back numerous times,
just go and enjoy. One of the couples that went on my recommendation were
there on July 14th (Bastille Day), they said celebrations were really good
and worth going for, I have never been then but have spent a few July 14th's
in France and it certainly is worthwhile being there if it fits with holiday
plans.

Hope that helps.

--
Remove "the brain" to reply

Old October 12th 03, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Heinrich

Stayed there with a trailer tent about 11 years ago so can't really comment
on the site as it is today back
then it was basic but OK - small pool and bar, adequate loo blocks but
pitches a bit cramped. Seemed
OK at the time but now that I tend to use CC sites in UK was certainly not
up to that standard.
..
However, found the area very pleasant - some nice beaches and bays to the
north, Isle de Noirmoutier
to the south (risk Le Gois causeway at your peril!). The town itself is
pleasant enough - thoroughly
enjoyed it.

Paul