Camping card International

Old June 28th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
R.Lewis

Default Camping card International

Are these cards necessary - and if so where in the UK may they be bought
(other than the Caravan Club & the RAC)?

Old June 29th 04, 07:56 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C

In article , R.Lewis wrote:
Are these cards necessary - and if so where in the UK may they be bought
(other than the Caravan Club & the RAC)?

Been camping for years, this is the first time I ever heard of it.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old June 30th 04, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
R.Lewis

"Justin C" wrote in message
mon.co.uk...
In article , R.Lewis wrote:
Are these cards necessary - and if so where in the UK may they be bought
(other than the Caravan Club & the RAC)?

Been camping for years, this is the first time I ever heard of it.

It is a requirement in Denmark and (used to be) a handy thing in most of
western europe.
It is a few years since I have been camping in europe (never had enough
courage to attempt it in the UK) and used to get the 'carnet' from the AA.
They do not seem to handle them now.

Old July 9th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
M C

I think that may be the only benefit, but aren't the camping cards supposed
to give third party insurance as well. If you take out your own holiday
insurance you should be covered anyway.

Anyhow, I just came back from 3 weeks in Europe and didn't need a camping
card, the majority of sites wanted a photocopy of, or keep the passports
overnight, but in those cases most didn't want payment until we checked out.

Marc

"Andy R" wrote in message

"R.Lewis" h.lewis-not this wrote in message
Are these cards necessary - and if so where in the UK may they be bought
(other than the Caravan Club & the RAC)?

They're most useful abroad, many sites will accept this instead of a
passport. At least then if you get a prob you can just leave and lose the
carnet, not your passport.

Rgds

Andy R

Old July 10th 04, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
David klyne

--
"M C" wrote in message
I think that may be the only benefit, but aren't the camping cards

supposed
to give third party insurance as well. If you take out your own holiday
insurance you should be covered anyway.

Anyhow, I just came back from 3 weeks in Europe and didn't need a camping
card, the majority of sites wanted a photocopy of, or keep the passports
overnight, but in those cases most didn't want payment until we checked

out.

Marc

Not sure if I have misunderstood your post. A Camping Carnet gives the
campsite third party insurance against those that decide to up sticks
without paying their campsite fees. I would much prefer to surrender my
Camping Carnet rather than my passport. Also on some sites the Carnet will
get you a discount on campsite fees.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports