where to go

Old June 29th 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Dee :-\)\)

Default where to go

hi

l have just brought a trailer tent ( second hand) and just to trail it out l
am looking for a place that is disabled friendly and fun for children, from
midlands south really just for a short weekend does anyone know where would
be the best place, l am new to this , this being the first time out in me
tent, any help very much appreciated thank you ~ Dee

Old June 29th 04, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
drew

Dee :-)) wrote:
hi

l have just brought a trailer tent ( second hand) and just to trail it out l
am looking for a place that is disabled friendly and fun for children, from
midlands south really just for a short weekend does anyone know where would
be the best place, l am new to this , this being the first time out in me
tent, any help very much appreciated thank you ~ Dee

HIHO...

Take a look at the C&CC sites, most have disabled facilities and
childrens play areas.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/

Most are open to non-members, but all are clean and well run.

HTH
Drew.

Old June 29th 04, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Anna

"drew" wrote in message
Dee :-)) wrote:
hi

l have just brought a trailer tent ( second hand) and just to trail it

out l
am looking for a place that is disabled friendly and fun for children,

from
midlands south really just for a short weekend does anyone know where

would
be the best place, l am new to this , this being the first time out in

me
tent, any help very much appreciated thank you ~ Dee

HIHO...

Take a look at the C&CC sites, most have disabled facilities and
childrens play areas.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/

Most are open to non-members, but all are clean and well run.

HTH
Drew.

I agree and, to add to this, I am from the midlands and just took my first
camping trip a month or so ago and used a C&CC club site and can't recommend
it strongly enough.

The site is Kingsbury Water Park (be careful though, there a few sites round
there) and it was wonderful. The site is beautiful, the other campers
friendly and the facilities are plentiful and amazingly maintained. It's
disabled friendly and although, because it was our first and just a test
trip, we didn't really get a chance to experience all the water park had to
offer, my boyfreind did tell me how many things there were to do (he arrived
late and got lost 1/2 a mile away). There's a childrens farm just up the
lane and as soon as we organise our next trip, that's where we'll be going!

As I said to the boyfriend, we've proberbly been spoilt for most other
campsites.

All in all it's well worth a visit and only a 25 min drive from south
birmingham.

anna

Old June 30th 04, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stephen (Sausagefans.com)

In article , arrowlili1
@blueyonderremovetoreply.co.uk says...
As I said to the boyfriend, we've proberbly been spoilt for most other
campsites.

I must have stayed on a dozen or so camping and caravanning club sites
and I find them all to be excellent (with varying facility levels) with
very friendly people. Its the exception for people in the street to
randomly say hello where I live, on the camping and caravanning club
sites it is the exception for them *not* to say hello.
--
For recipes, cooking tips and recommended butchers
http://www.sausagefans.com/
Old June 30th 04, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Steve

Dee :-)) wrote:

hi

l have just brought a trailer tent ( second hand) and just to trail it out l
am looking for a place that is disabled friendly and fun for children, from
midlands south really just for a short weekend does anyone know where would
be the best place, l am new to this , this being the first time out in me
tent, any help very much appreciated thank you ~ Dee

We like Ranch at Honeybourne near Evesham. You need to book at weekends.

The pitches are well sized, the clubhouse does food and drinks (it's not
a nightclub), there is a small shop, an outdoor pool, a playground and a
huge playing field with small football goals.

One possible issue (depending on the disability) is the roadways and
some routes to the facilities block are over stone chips. The playing
field undulates somewhat too.
Old June 30th 04, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Anna

Its the exception for people in the street to
randomly say hello where I live, on the camping and caravanning club
sites it is the exception for them *not* to say hello.
--
For recipes, cooking tips and recommended butchers
http://www.sausagefans.com/
ROT-13 to email

Oh, they did more than say hello. My boyfriend had to join us after work
and he was the one with all the camping experience.
I thought it would be a great idea to have it set up before he got there so
took the thing out and spent the next twenty mins looking at it in a state
of confusion and scratching my head. Not only did the couple across the way
put the whole thing up for me, but they made me a cup of tea too!

anna