Re Sierra stove

Old July 1st 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
richard baker

Default Re Sierra stove

I've not seen them on sale in the UK, but you can buy online from the states
via ebay.co.uk. Bear in mind that unless you are camping in the wilds, not
many camp sites allow an open fire of any kind. One option for a
lightwieght stove is to carry a Trangia burner (about 10) which burns
meths, and rig up supports from stones etc.

Rik

Old July 1st 04, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Anna

"Richard Baker" wrote in message
I've not seen them on sale in the UK, but you can buy online from the

states
via ebay.co.uk. Bear in mind that unless you are camping in the wilds,

not
many camp sites allow an open fire of any kind. One option for a
lightwieght stove is to carry a Trangia burner (about 10) which burns
meths, and rig up supports from stones etc.

Rik

if you have got your heart set on a stove that burns wood I've seen this on
ebay,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...5571 155&rd=1,
I've got to say that the idea of it has always intregued me (not affiliated
with the seller in anyway btw).

hth

anna

Old July 4th 04, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:45:57 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Baker"
wrote:

I've not seen them on sale in the UK, but you can buy online from the states
via ebay.co.uk. Bear in mind that unless you are camping in the wilds, not
many camp sites allow an open fire of any kind. One option for a
lightwieght stove is to carry a Trangia burner (about 10) which burns
meths, and rig up supports from stones etc.

Rik

As posted in another thread he-

Sierra Zip stoves can(or at least could) be obtained he-

Caravan, Camping & Leisure
42 Cromer Road
West Runton
Norfolk
NR27 9AD

01263 837382

campingdirect.co.uk

I called in there in October 2002 and amongst other interesting
American stuff, they had some Sierra Zip stoves in stock.

HTH

Neil