Tent advice

Old July 5th 04, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
aaj

Default Tent advice

Hi all

can anyone offer a bit of advice on replacing my tent

for the last year I've been using a cheap campus sherpa 3 which has
preformed really well. I'm now looking at getting at some thing a bit
larger.

I have a budget of at most 300 and am looking for a 4/5 man. We tend to go
from May to October in the Peaks/Dales, so it needs to be pretty
waterproof/storm proof. To be honest, the sherpa 3 only has HH2000 but it
seems to be enough, but I've been looking at HH6000 tents, do you think this
is overkill? Anyone experienced any leaks on a HH2000 before?

Also I was looking for one high enough to stand up in, but am struggling to
find a HH4000+ that has the height.

So far I am compromising on a Vango Equinox 450, even though I cant stand
up. There are still 600's about but these have the height but are huge

please help... I don't know much about other manufacturers but the Wild
country homestead 5 looked OK but only had a HH of 2000.

thanks

Andy

Old July 5th 04, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart

aaj wrote:

[...]

Try the Palacio 6 from Aztec. I just got one after years of a big 6 man
ridge, and I love it. All the room and height you'll need - and it's
4000HH. Mine cost me 198.00 at Camping Ecosse.

Stuart.

Old July 5th 04, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart

Stuart wrote:

aaj wrote:

[...]

oops, damned server !!!!!!
Old July 6th 04, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Tim Robson

[...]

I used a Vango Equinox for camping in all weathers in this country - never
leaked or gave us any trouble, very stable with the tension band system.
Initial price was about 200 about four years ago. We've only stopped using
it 'cos the kids have grown a bit now and we want some room in our own
bedroom (Gone to a Kyham - very good too)

Tim
Teesside

Old July 8th 04, 06:41 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
aaj

thanks guys

I'm off for another look around this weekend

. ..