Sunngas portable gas heater SG8000

Old July 5th 04, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart

Default Sunngas portable gas heater SG8000

Anyone use one of these? Is it any good?

Stuart.
Old July 5th 04, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
King Queen

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:56:34 +0100, Stuart
wrote:

Anyone use one of these? Is it any good?

Didn't even know you could get such things - they do look good don't
they!

Thing is I don't think I'd trust one. My camping lantern seems to heat
up my tent quite nicely as it is, and a heater is asking for trouble
in terms of setting tents on fire etc. Also as I understand it all
camping gas produces a "wet" heat with plenty of water vapour so can't
be used to try anything out?

Cheers

--
To email me remove ".lartsspammers"
http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
Old July 5th 04, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart

wrote:

Anyone use one of these? Is it any good?

Didn't even know you could get such things - they do look good don't
they!

Thing is I don't think I'd trust one. My camping lantern seems to heat
up my tent quite nicely as it is, and a heater is asking for trouble
in terms of setting tents on fire etc. Also as I understand it all
camping gas produces a "wet" heat with plenty of water vapour so can't
be used to try anything out?

Cheers

Yeah - I'm a bit unsure of it myself, but my wife bought it on an
impulse. (She's determined to make camping comfortable - tables, chairs,
cookers, inflatable beds, a tent you can park a car in, etc. I think
she's a closet caravanner !!!!!!!!)
This means through our years of camping we have progressed from taking
everything on one motorbike to taking a fully loaded Volvo estate and
trailer. Takes bloody ages to set up now, but I suppose I have somewhere
comfy for a lie down now

Stuart
Old July 5th 04, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Norman[_2_]

wrote:

Anyone use one of these? Is it any good?

Stuart.

Yes. I bought one for my daughter to use on her camping sessions. Cant
fault it. Bought another for use in power cuts.
Argos sell them for about 15.00

Norman

Old July 5th 04, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
King Queen

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:20:44 +0100, Stuart
wrote:

Yeah - I'm a bit unsure of it myself, but my wife bought it on an
impulse. (She's determined to make camping comfortable - tables, chairs,
cookers, inflatable beds, a tent you can park a car in, etc. I think
she's a closet caravanner !!!!!!!!)

Perhaps you need a trailer tent :-) Is perhaps the size of the tent
the problem with being cold?

This means through our years of camping we have progressed from taking
everything on one motorbike to taking a fully loaded Volvo estate and
trailer. Takes bloody ages to set up now, but I suppose I have somewhere
comfy for a lie down now

LOL I'm jealous :-)

Doug

Old July 6th 04, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart

wrote:

Anyone use one of these? Is it any good?

Stuart.

Yes. I bought one for my daughter to use on her camping sessions. Cant
fault it. Bought another for use in power cuts.
Argos sell them for about 15.00

Norman

apparently cost my wife 40 from Argos !!! It did come with 4 "free" gas
cartridges though......
Old July 6th 04, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart Gray[_2_]

wrote:

Perhaps you need a trailer tent :-) Is perhaps the size of the tent
the problem with being cold?

God - don't mention trailer tents !!!! I've been putting her off that idea
for years !!! Tent size and cold is not a real problem, at least not for me.
She just likes collecting kit. eg. I bought a garden shed to stow stuff out
of the garage. It's now colonised by her stuff for Brownies, Playgroups etc.
and my garage is still full of my stuff. She hoards, my stuff is necessary
!!!! LOL.

Old July 6th 04, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Norman[_2_]

wrote:

Anyone use one of these? Is it any good?

Stuart.

Yes. I bought one for my daughter to use on her camping sessions. Cant
fault it. Bought another for use in power cuts.
Argos sell them for about 15.00

Norman

apparently cost my wife 40 from Argos !!! It did come with 4 "free" gas
cartridges though......

Well as of 6/7/04 they are 24.99 with 4 cans of gas. 14.99 if you
just buy the stove on its own. 4 gas containers are 6.99 and it looks
as if you get 4 free see for yourself at:
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ArgosBrowseCounts?storeId=10001&languageId=-1&C$cip=12317&Trail=C%24cip%3D12298%3EC%24cip%3D12 310%3EC%24cip%3D12317&categoryId=12317&top=N&langI d=-1&catalogId=1751

Norman

Old July 7th 04, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Gilbert[_2_]

"Stuart Gray" wrote in message

...She hoards, my stuff is necessary...

You are not alone....