Sites near train stations - Norfolk

Old July 6th 04, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Nimbo

Default Sites near train stations - Norfolk

Me and a mate want to go camping in Norfolk for 2 nights a 2 different
sites, but none of us can drive. I need to find two sites which are in nice
locations but also close to train stations. We're happy to walk a few miles
from the train stations to reach each of the sites.

TIA

--
Nimbo

Old July 7th 04, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
David Leftley

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:07:23 GMT, "Nimbo" wrote:
Me and a mate want to go camping in Norfolk for 2 nights a 2 different
sites, but none of us can drive. I need to find two sites which are in nice
locations but also close to train stations. We're happy to walk a few miles
from the train stations to reach each of the sites.

There are several sites along the Sheringham - West & East Runton -
Cromer stretch of coast none of which are far from a station. Some
that spring to mind a

Manor Farm, East Runton. The camping fields are only about half a mile
from Cromer station (and a convenient supermarket), although reception
is at the farmhouse about half a mile further away (more than that by
road). You can see the sea from parts of the campsite.

Woodhill Park, East Runton. Just off the main Sheringham - Cromer
road, clifftop site. Within comfortable walking distance (a couple of
miles) of Cromer or W. Runton stations.

Beeston Regis Camping & Caravan Park. Another clifftop site, just over
a mile from West Runton station and about half an hour's walk into
Sheringham.

Old July 7th 04, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Simon Barr

In article , David Leftley wrote:

Woodhill Park, East Runton. Just off the main Sheringham - Cromer
road, clifftop site. Within comfortable walking distance (a couple of
miles) of Cromer or W. Runton stations.

A bit lacking in facilities this site, nice as it is.

They've got something like 390 pitches and only 7 showers!! Put at least two
adults on each pitch and... well work it out for your self. Throw in some
kids as well and trying to keep clean gets a bit hard.

Not a bad site though, just needs some more showers, etc.

--
simon at sbarr dot demon dot co dot uk
Simon Barr.
Old July 7th 04, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Netty

anyone know anything about Forest Park site near Cromer? - we've booked to
go there for a week in August.

Thanks,

Lynnette

Old July 7th 04, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy Vines

"Nimbo" wrote in message
Me and a mate want to go camping in Norfolk for 2 nights a 2 different
sites, but none of us can drive. I need to find two sites which are in

nice
locations but also close to train stations. We're happy to walk a few

miles
from the train stations to reach each of the sites.

TIA

--
Nimbo

West Runton (or possibly East Runton) has a train station and camp sites
within walking distance.