Camping in the west north west of Scotland?

Old July 6th 04, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stuart

Default Camping in the west north west of Scotland?

Anyone suggest a good area? I've been to Arisaig, beautiful area
especially the coast. Anyone know any sites around this way? I am going
camping next week and I need a destination !!!!
Anyone else here prefer the travel to arriving? I do, but once I arrive
and finish thrashing around with the tent etc. I do enjoy the scenery. I
just don't like stopping as my wife and kids will testify to.
Old July 7th 04, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
bob watkinson

How about the Glen Nevis site just outside Fort William. Big well laid out
site in a great location.

Or if you like small sites the Ben Glas site just north of Loch Lomond is
really good too with a nice little diner/bar and good shower block.

Regards, Bob

Old July 7th 04, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bea

I agree with you - Arisaig is wonderful... I know of quite a lot of sites
around there (but unfortunately do not have any contact details).

I know of one - GORTON SANDS in the Back of Keppoch (about one mile North of
Arisaig) and I know MANY around Fort William... How about RED SQUIRREL
campsite in Glencoe? It's a beautiful site, and have a stream running
through it. Fort William is about a 10 minute drive from the site, and
Glencoe Mountain range is about 5 minutes the other way!