BOG ROLL !!!!!!!

Old July 7th 04, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
DaveB[_2_]

Default BOG ROLL !!!!!!!

er sorry to be a bit crude in getting your attention but now your are here
you might aswell listen to my query...

i'm after getting a portaloo thing ( it's got a lot to do with being woken
up in the early hours by my kids who need the loo!)

The chap in the camping shop is saying normal loo roll is "NO GOOD" and that
i need the "special" loo roll for these loo devices..

can anyone shed a little light and give me an unbiased view on
.......er............you know what i mean.

Thanks

Dave

Old July 7th 04, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Barleycorn

"DaveB" wrote in message
er sorry to be a bit crude in getting your attention but now your are here
you might aswell listen to my query...

i'm after getting a portaloo thing ( it's got a lot to do with being woken
up in the early hours by my kids who need the loo!)

The chap in the camping shop is saying normal loo roll is "NO GOOD" and

that
i need the "special" loo roll for these loo devices..

can anyone shed a little light and give me an unbiased view on
......er............you know what i mean.

Thanks

Dave

We've always used 'normal' paper in ours. It doesn't dissolve, but you can
usually get rid of it with a couple of slooshes!
Having said that the paper usually only comes from the ladies, I try to
encourage everyone to make other arrangements for 'number twos'.

What a disgusting thread!!

Barleycorn.

Old July 7th 04, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
kqr

In article , wrote

er sorry to be a bit crude in getting your attention but now your are here
you might aswell listen to my query...

i'm after getting a portaloo thing ( it's got a lot to do with being woken
up in the early hours by my kids who need the loo!)

The chap in the camping shop is saying normal loo roll is "NO GOOD" and that
i need the "special" loo roll for these loo devices..

can anyone shed a little light and give me an unbiased view on
......er............you know what i mean.
Thanks
Dave

Normal Toilet roll's [household types] although designed to break
down in water, do not do so readily enough in the confines of a
waste tank [porta loo etc] due to lack of vigerous movement. [Lack
of flushing activity - not bowel power]

You can use it I used to do, rather than buy the special stuff which
always seem to carry extra cost. I'd go for the reall cheapo stuff
you get off the market or in tesco's etc. You know - the stuff your
finger normaly goes through.

However, if you do as suggested above you might find it better to empty
way before it gets too full - easier to slosh out. I used one in a trailer
tent I used to have and had four females to contend with. That's the
worst about it all. Cause they use twice as much paper. If there is too
much paper in the bog it will be harder to comletely empty.

LOL - when we first started out we didn't have a porta poti, we just
used an old yellow bucket.

Old July 8th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy Vines

"DaveB" wrote in message
er sorry to be a bit crude in getting your attention but now your are here
you might aswell listen to my query...

i'm after getting a portaloo thing ( it's got a lot to do with being woken
up in the early hours by my kids who need the loo!)

The chap in the camping shop is saying normal loo roll is "NO GOOD" and

that
i need the "special" loo roll for these loo devices..

can anyone shed a little light and give me an unbiased view on
......er............you know what i mean.

Special paper is suppose to dissolve easier.

My partner uses normal toilet paper and Nappy Bags as the toilet is only
really used at nights.

Old July 8th 04, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Seroxat Mad[_2_]

We but the normal paper in the bin if used for drying....for poos has to go
in toilet - i agree the fancy expensive stuff we be harder to empty out...

Old July 8th 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Gilbert[_2_]

"Seroxat Mad" wrote in message
"Andy Vines" wrote in message
"DaveB" wrote in message

snipped

Oh Gawd...
so this afternoon, not only am I under orders to spend 70 on a PortaPotti,
and another 40 on a Toilet Tent, I've now also got to buy highly expensive
instant-rot bog paper as well! Women, doncha jes luvvem?
:O)

Old July 9th 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C

In article , Fran wrote:

And for toilet paper I use kitchen tissue, because it
has other uses as well

Cough ... splutter ... [FX: sound of someone wiping coffee off their
monitor] I take it you don't mean after.....

I'll get mi'coat...

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
Old July 9th 04, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy Vines

Nappy sacks can be bought incredibly cheaply if you've got the
sort of pound shop locally that sells them, or other similar tat
emporium. (Go to places like Boots or a high street chemist and
they're expensive). They're pretty well worth their weight in
gold, as they don't leak and tie up to seal stuff inside. About
the only thing they can't be used for is food - but then ordinary
food bags aren't dear so that's not a problem. Nappy sacks make
brilliant disposal bags for all sorts of things, and not just in
the toilet, but - DO NOT flush them down: they are not
biodegradable in the same way that paper is.
--

Yep, Poundland is a Aladdin's Cave...