Hygienic Night Flask?

Old July 8th 04, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
The Crow

Default Hygienic Night Flask?

Don't laugh, although it might be hard, but I'm trying to find out if a
device that I saw years ago, still exists. It was kind of like a flask,
that you could **** into (in the night or whenever) and then hygienically
seal until the moment when you can empty it out. I saw one of these in a
camping shop years ago, but haven't seen one since. I'm planning a trip for
later in the year and think that ****ing into a flask at 3am is preferable
to stumbling around in a hedge, only to offend a passing badger. I know
that a cheaper solution could be made out of any one of hundresds of
containers, but last time I tried to fashion a home made version, I kicked
it over in my sleep, and a distinct lack of water-tightntness lead to issues
of seepage. Anyone know if these devices still exist, and if so where? Or
were they just a passing fad. Thanks.

Old July 8th 04, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Gilbert[_2_]

"Eric Clarke" wrote in message
Empty 'Comfort' bottle. Kleeneze sell the proper job.

anything with a large enough neck
:O)

Old July 8th 04, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Justin C

In article , Gilbert wrote:

anything with a large enough neck
:O)

That'll be a giraffe then.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Old July 8th 04, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy Vines

"The Crow" wrote in message
[...]

Some of the Hiking/Camping shops sell this sort of thing.

Old July 8th 04, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bruno

I think this should do the trick..

http://www.stjohnsupplies.co.uk/prod...2=RC&pg=FARCPO

Old July 8th 04, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
King Queen

wrote:

Don't laugh, although it might be hard, but I'm trying to find out if a
device that I saw years ago, still exists. It was kind of like a flask,
that you could **** into (in the night or whenever) and then hygienically
seal until the moment when you can empty it out. I saw one of these in a
camping shop years ago, but haven't seen one since. I'm planning a trip for
later in the year and think that ****ing into a flask at 3am is preferable
to stumbling around in a hedge, only to offend a passing badger. I know
that a cheaper solution could be made out of any one of hundresds of
containers, but last time I tried to fashion a home made version, I kicked
it over in my sleep, and a distinct lack of water-tightntness lead to issues
of seepage. Anyone know if these devices still exist, and if so where? Or
were they just a passing fad. Thanks.

I use them all the time due to disability. Benefits Now have a
selection of them
http://benefitsnowshop.co.uk/shop/se...nId=68&area=11
Though I find the ones that many chemists stock (narrower neck, more
rounded bottle) more leakproof.

--
To email me remove ".lartsspammers"
http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
Old July 8th 04, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

said...
on't laugh, although it might be hard, but I'm trying to find out if a
device that I saw years ago, still exists. It was kind of like a flask,
that you could **** into (in the night or whenever) and then hygienically
seal until the moment when you can empty it out.

They still exist. The sort of place you want to be looking is
one of those catalogues that cater for less able people, because
you'll find all sorts of ideas in them as well as what you're
looking for. For ladies who might be interested: I have a sort
of horizontal bottle, specially made for women, with a long
narrow opening at one end that fits nicely between the legs and
protrudes about 8" to the front. It doesn't have a seal (I've
had it a while) but it holds a litre of fluid and takes up very
little space in the tent porch. It's not the most convenient
thing to carry around in a backpack though, so I'm still working
on the ideal design for a totally portable funnel arrangement...
The best I've been able to come up with so far has been a cut
down plastic milk bottle - and you're right, it's far from
perfect. I know roughly what I want - it's just a question of
working on the design... :-)
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.
Old July 8th 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bill

You can tell it's full when your trousers and sleeping bag get wet...

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:28:21 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

All I need to know is does it have a hole for your thumb? you know, so you
can tell when it's getting full............

"Fran" wrote in message
et...
said...
on't laugh, although it might be hard, but I'm trying to find out if a
device that I saw years ago, still exists. It was kind of like a flask,
that you could **** into (in the night or whenever) and then

hygienically
seal until the moment when you can empty it out.

SNIP