Camping in France / Spain / Oh yes, and the UK

Old July 8th 04, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jim[_3_]

Default Camping in France / Spain / Oh yes, and the UK

Hi all,

The scenario:

Two week touring holiday in August. Camping in France an Spain.

Two devices - A waeco combicool fridge which runs off gas / 12v / mains and
Camping Chef grill and twin burner.

My intention was to have one tube coming from my bottle/regulator. This
would then branch into two pipes. One feeding each appliance.
I shall get some kind of valve in case i only want to connect one of the
devices.

The burners would see only average use : no gourmet cooking!

The fridge would only be on overnight, and during the day when static. When
touring (20%) it would be running off 12v car.

The questions:

1. How much gas shall I take?
2. Will it last, or will I need to refill
3. I'm assuming the way I want to "wire" things up is OK?
3. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Many thanks,

Jim

Old July 8th 04, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jayne

"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

You can get a tee piece, to branch off to another appliance no problem.

What sort of gas cylinder do you have? If you are on the continent you
won't be able to get Calor, so will probably need Camping Gaz.

Jayne

Old July 9th 04, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Andy Vines

The burners would see only average use : no gourmet cooking!

The fridge would only be on overnight, and during the day when static.

When
touring (20%) it would be running off 12v car.

The questions:

1. How much gas shall I take?
2. Will it last, or will I need to refill
3. I'm assuming the way I want to "wire" things up is OK?
3. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Many thanks,

Jim

Yes, Go with Camping Gaz, as you will be able to get the cylinders on route.

Old July 9th 04, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jayne

"Jim" wrote in message
I don't have any cylinder at the mo!

Oh right - well I used to use a Camping Gaz 907, as nearly all of our
camping was in France, where refills are widely available. To give you some
guide, our 3 way fridge would run about 10 days off one (24 hours a day).

Jayne