Website Update

Old July 13th 04, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
David klyne

Default Website Update

If any one is interested I have just updated my site to include our recent
trip to Germany. There are two new site reports and an updated one plus the
diary I keep whilst on holiday with picture. Have a look at the links below.

http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/Germany2004.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/LesOyats.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/eifel..._waxweiler.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/campi..._am_rhein_.htm

--
David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old July 13th 04, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
kqr

In article , [email protected]
wrote

If any one is interested I have just updated my site to include our recent
trip to Germany. There are two new site reports and an updated one plus the
diary I keep whilst on holiday with picture. Have a look at the links below.

http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/Germany2004.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/LesOyats.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/eifel..._waxweiler.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/campi..._am_rhein_.htm

Just a suggestion - you might like to reduce photo file size
to improve download time.

Old July 13th 04, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mary Fisher

"David klyne" wrote in message
If any one is interested I have just updated my site to include our recent
trip to Germany. There are two new site reports and an updated one plus

the
diary I keep whilst on holiday with picture. Have a look at the links

below.

http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/Germany2004.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/LesOyats.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/eifel..._waxweiler.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/campi..._am_rhein_.htm

Two nice sites, David, couldnt get the last two :-(

They're something to remind you in future years. I should talk to you about
how to do it ...

Mary

--
David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

and
site reports

Old July 13th 04, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
David klyne

--
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/Germany2004.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/LesOyats.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/eifel..._waxweiler.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/campi..._am_rhein_.htm

Two nice sites, David, couldnt get the last two :-(

They're something to remind you in future years. I should talk to you

about
how to do it ...

Mary

Thanks for feed back the last two links should be
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/campi..._am_rhein_.htm and
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/eifel..._waxweiler.htm not quite sure
why they got truncated!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old July 13th 04, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
David klyne

--
"kqr" wrote in message
t...
In article ,

[email protected]
wrote

If any one is interested I have just updated my site to include our

recent
trip to Germany. There are two new site reports and an updated one plus

the
diary I keep whilst on holiday with picture. Have a look at the links

below.

http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/Germany2004.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/LesOyats.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/eifel..._waxweiler.htm
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/campi..._am_rhein_.htm

Just a suggestion - you might like to reduce photo file size
to improve download time.

Kqr

Just went back and looked at the size and they do seem a bit big. I will
have another look at them when I get a moment. Previously I have used mainly
a text format with links to picture, which of course is quick to load, but
some of the feedback I have had direct to the site asked for embedded
pictures. I am still trying to find a happy medium but thanks for the
comment!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old July 13th 04, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Sigh

"David klyne" wrote in message
I am still trying to find a happy medium but thanks for the
comment!

Why not use clickable thumbnails?

Old July 14th 04, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Lee_D

"David klyne" wrote in message
Kqr

Just went back and looked at the size and they do seem a bit big. I will
have another look at them when I get a moment. Previously I have used

mainly
a text format with links to picture, which of course is quick to load, but
some of the feedback I have had direct to the site asked for embedded
pictures. I am still trying to find a happy medium but thanks for the
comment!

Arles from digital dutch is a cracking tool for photos. easy to use , free
on a trial and worth registering.

My sites pretty much an Arles emporium :-)

Lee D

--
________________________________
www.lrproject.com

Old July 14th 04, 06:57 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
David klyne

--
"Lee_D" oat.co.uk wrote
in message ...
"David klyne" wrote in message

Arles from digital dutch is a cracking tool for photos. easy to use , free
on a trial and worth registering.

My sites pretty much an Arles emporium :-)

Lee

Thanks for that, I will have a look.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old July 14th 04, 07:02 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
David klyne

--
"Sigh" wrote in message

"David klyne" wrote in message
I am still trying to find a happy medium but thanks for the
comment!

Why not use clickable thumbnails?

Thanks for that, it is another alternative which was on the back burner but
I have not quite got it yet. I suspect the problem is the main picture which
is quite a bit larger and maybe if I start there first. I did notice that
even on broadband the main picture was slow to get going.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old July 14th 04, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
kqr

In article , [email protected]
wrote

Try Irfanview its free [downloadable from web] and is very
useful for converting down from one size to another and
reducing file size. It wil also provide thumbnails and a host
of other useful facillities.

http://www.irfanview.com/