Power supply

Old July 9th 03, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

Default Power supply

Another thread has sparked an idea that someone here may be able to help me
or rather a friend of mine.

He has a cab over camper from the US and his power supply has gone pop.

It is a Newmark DCV30, now I'm not expecting people to know the make and
model as I can't find them on the net. I found then in the US yellow pages,
rang them but never found any one in!

The power supply is very basic. It provides 30A to power the fridge on 12V
a swamp cooler and other 12v equipment whilst charging a battery. If the
mains power drops, a relay drops and reroutes the 12v from the battery to
the fuse box which was once powered by the transformer.

This box used to permanently charge the battery whilst plugged into the
mains and I think it cooked the battery (which was swollen) then destroyed
itself.

Inside are 2x 40HF10 Power rectifiers and 1x 2N3896 thyristors plus a little
circuit board I think is for a little voltage regulation for charging.

The semiconductors are all open circuit. The 40HF10 are available but I
can't find the 2N3896 only specs for it but not someone who sells them. The
mounting for these are the stud and bolt variety as they mount through an
ally heat sink.

I have looked around for the 30A supply to replace it with and they are
loadsa money but worth spending a tenner on bits to see if it can be
repaired.

Any body know where I can get bits from mail order preferably as I'm in
Germany?

Thanks

Paul

Old July 9th 03, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gareth Slee

Seems the 2N3896 has been replaced.

See here
http://www.acksupply.com/search_result.asp
Enter 2N3896 in the Parts Number box.

See also
http://fibra-brandt.com/cgi-bin/fibra.cgi Enter C35M in the search box.

HTH
--
Gareth Slee

http://www.garethslee.com
http://www.lapie.com

Old July 9th 03, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

In article , [email protected]
online.de says...
| The semiconductors are all open circuit. The 40HF10 are available but I
| can't find the 2N3896 only specs for it but not someone who sells them. The
| mounting for these are the stud and bolt variety as they mount through an
| ally heat sink.

http://home.t-online.de/home/fibra-zw/index.html
http://www.usbid.com/catalog5/results.cfm/2N389
http://www.gibsonteched.com/2N.html

All suggest they have them in stock.

Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org