Anyone tow with Berlingo?

Old October 8th 03, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
henry partridge

Default Anyone tow with Berlingo?

I'm downsizing, Terrano going and I want to tow with my Berlingo 1.9D van.
Towing limit is 1100 kg and new van is the same MTPLM thingy so I'll be
careful, but does anyone in the group tow with one of these, or Berlingo
Multispace?

Old October 8th 03, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart Bell

henry partridge wrote:

I'm downsizing, Terrano going and I want to tow with my Berlingo 1.9D van.

Google back about a fortnight for a pretty heated debate about the use
of non-turbo diesels to tow. Given that turbos usually offer 50% more
power and 75%+ more torque, and it's torque that tows, it's not
something that I would want to do.

Stuart
--
Spamfritterspam exists only in the world of the address
harvesting spam bot. Try stuartsmacs at the same domain
Old October 8th 03, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

"Stuart Bell" wrote in message
ipex.com...
henry partridge wrote:

I'm downsizing, Terrano going and I want to tow with my Berlingo 1.9D

van.

Google back about a fortnight for a pretty heated debate about the use
of non-turbo diesels to tow. Given that turbos usually offer 50% more
power and 75%+ more torque, and it's torque that tows, it's not
something that I would want to do.

I can't answer your question, but my 1.8TD Escort was useless, no power at
all. Made towing even our little van hard work.

Now I have a Volvo......

Bill

Old October 9th 03, 06:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
alex.haden

henry partridge wrote:
I'm downsizing, Terrano going and I want to tow with my Berlingo 1.9D van.
Towing limit is 1100 kg and new van is the same MTPLM thingy so I'll be
careful, but does anyone in the group tow with one of these, or Berlingo
Multispace?

Hi,

I have a Peugeot Partner Combi 1.9 Non Turbo, and from the replies i got
back from various people were that Yes you can, (Ill only be towing 950
though) but you wont be fast up hill, you will be slow from a standing
start, and that overtaking things...well you may have enough power to
overtake a snail!

Some said that you wont get out of 4th on the flat, some said that i
would be going into 5th at 50 on the motorway.

I think the fact is yes, but you wont be winning any race's but in my
view fast & Caravan is not good anyway ;-)

If i get there in one peice in 2 extra hours, then all the better )

Old October 9th 03, 07:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
henry partridge

Thanks for reply Alex. Have you started towing with it or is it a plan for
the future?
"
I have a Peugeot Partner Combi 1.9 Non Turbo,