South east coast sandy beaches site?

Old July 16th 04, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Alan Paterson[_2_]

Default South east coast sandy beaches site?

Anyone know of a nice family-friendly site in the Sussex/Kent sort of region
with easy access to a sandy beach? There seem to be some nice sites down
that way, but all with pebbly beaches. Any suggestions very much
apprerciated.

Alan

Old July 16th 04, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Simon Barr

In article , Alan Paterson wrote:
Anyone know of a nice family-friendly site in the Sussex/Kent sort of region
with easy access to a sandy beach? There seem to be some nice sites down
that way, but all with pebbly beaches. Any suggestions very much
apprerciated.

Alan

I stayed at Dymchurch last weekend. Definitely not a nice beach sort of
place...

Lots to see nearby but Dymchurch itself is a bit grim.

--
simon at sbarr dot demon dot co dot uk
Simon Barr.
Old July 16th 04, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Simon Barr

In article , martin wrote:

and you don't need a torch at night because effluent from the nuclear
power stations makes everything glow green? :-)

We could see Dungeness in the distance but didn't approach it!

There are some nicer places to visit, Rye and the nearby Safari
Park/Zoo is about the best I have ever visited.

Port Lympe? We went there on the Saturday, great place except it pi**ed down
for about an hour when we were at the furthest point from the entrance. We
managed to find some shelter at one of the lion enclosures and got to see
them having an afternoon snack, which consisted of rabbits, lots of them!