Auto-Sleeper Exec MPG

Old October 9th 03, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Spires

Default Auto-Sleeper Exec MPG

Hi

Its a Newbie Motorcaravanner Question. What should I expect the figures for
MPG and Performance to be for my newly acquired 1998 Auto-Sleeper Executive
fitted with a 2.5 diesel engine?
Any other user comments and tips will be appreciated.

Mike

Old October 9th 03, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Spires

Hi Again

I forgot to add to my post that the base vehicle is a Peugeot with a plain
2.5 diesel.

Mike

Old October 9th 03, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Spires

Hi Again
Apologies for a Motorcaravanning question in this group, but hope to reach
another owner and I know they are in here! LOL

Old October 9th 03, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Mike Spires" wrote in message
Hi Again
Apologies for a Motorcaravanning question in this group, but hope to

reach
another owner and I know they are in here! LOL
Mike

Motor caravanners I have met boast that their diesels average 25mpg.
All depends on the weight, speed, terrain.
I had the privilege of using a relative's Dodge based based petrol engine
TripleE motorhome in Canada.
First year it did 10mpg. The next time he'd just had it serviced and I kept
the speed down- managed 12mpg.
As the price of fuel was less than a third of what we pay here, it equates
to about 36mpg.
DaveK.

Old October 9th 03, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Spires

Dave

Thanks for the reply, I know that worrying about MPG when you have just
spent thousands on a vehicle is a bit pointless. I am Ok with the big
decisions to spend, like on the motorcaravan but then I get really tight
when it comes to spending on fuel for trips out. Stupid I know!! So when
driving I am always trying to squeeze the last bit of economy out of a
vehicle, a light right foot when braking and accelerating seems to do the
trick, it also seems to do the vehicle no harm...I have just sold a 31 year
old Volkswagen Van which was still running as sweet as the day I bought it
in 1973.

I just need some one who owns the same vehicle to come up with a figure then
I will have a target.

Mike

P.S. even though I use a light right foot you won't find me in the inside
lane very often!

Old October 9th 03, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

P.S. even though I use a light right foot you won't find me in the inside
lane very often!

You're right. It's often not the speed you are doing but how you got there
that chews the fuel.
DaveK.

Old October 9th 03, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dodger

DaveK wrote:

P.S. even though I use a light right foot you won't find me in the inside
lane very often!

You're right. It's often not the speed you are doing but how you got there
that chews the fuel.
DaveK.

Have replied to you on motorhomes news group