Campsites in France

Old July 19th 04, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Colette A. O'Brien

Default Campsites in France

Hi all

Forgive me if this is a frequently asked/answered question, but I
couldn't see any pointers to FAQs - so here goes.

We used to camp a lot before we had children, often rough camping in
small tents. Our 3 children range in age from 7 to 11 and we have just
bought a family tent and are thinking of camping in France for a couple
of weeks. We don't mind our camping a bit rough and ready but the
children's favourite part of any holiday is the swimming pool so we want
a site with one of those. Most websites assume you want one of their
tents or mobile homes.

How do we go about booking a campsite where we can pitch our own tent?
While I'm here - anyone know a website for comparing ferry crossings -
we are rather shocked at the prices.

Thanks for any help or tips.
--
Rgds