FAQ?

Old July 19th 04, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Stephen Dunn

Default FAQ?

Hi all,

is there an faq for this group? If so, where can I find it? I'm completely
new to camping (except for one trip with boyscouts about 20-25 years ago...)

If there isn't an faq, or it doesn't cover this issue, could someone please
help.

How can I find out where it's okay to camp in the UK? Is it strictly
confined to designated campgrounds? If not, are there any places where it's
always okay, and free? National Parks? Coastal Areas? Similar?

I realise that there are a lot of issues with land access and rights of way,
but are there any areas where I can safely not worry about them? My first
outing is likely to be in or around the Peak District in August.

Go easy on me, my lasting memory of camping is waking up with my head
outside of the tent and thinking that I'd been left behind!

TIA
Steve.