cooler box

Old July 20th 04, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

Default cooler box

"chas" wrote in message
Hi
Ive got one of those coolers that runs off a cig lighter in the car it

cuts
out to leave enough power to turn over the engin. when i run it off my sep
leisure battery that doesnt start a car it will cut out after a few mins

is
there any way of by passing this cut out
thanks in anticipation

probably, but it would mean opening it up and altering the wiring
connections which would invalidate the warranty

Old July 20th 04, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jayne

"chas" wrote in message
Hi
Ive got one of those coolers that runs off a cig lighter in the car it

cuts
out to leave enough power to turn over the engin. when i run it off my sep
leisure battery that doesnt start a car it will cut out after a few mins

is
there any way of by passing this cut out
thanks in anticipation

chas

It sounds like it has a battery protection device, like the Camping Gaz and
Coleman coolers. I would imagine that if you start fiddling about with the
innards you'll invalidate the warranty.

Jayne

Old July 20th 04, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"chas" wrote in message
Hi
Ive got one of those coolers that runs off a cig lighter in the car it

cuts
out to leave enough power to turn over the engin. when i run it off my sep
leisure battery that doesnt start a car it will cut out after a few mins

is
there any way of by passing this cut out
thanks in anticipation

chas

You could always improvise... make a cable with croc clips one end for the
battery, and a cig lighter the other end... its only any good when you are
parked up though... i've got one that i use to charge a laptop with.

It also might be worth sticking in an inline fuse as well....

Old July 20th 04, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Roebear

"Roebear" wrote in message

"chas" wrote in message
Hi
Ive got one of those coolers that runs off a cig lighter in the car it

cuts
out to leave enough power to turn over the engin. when i run it off my

sep
leisure battery that doesnt start a car it will cut out after a few mins

is
there any way of by passing this cut out
thanks in anticipation

chas

You could always improvise... make a cable with croc clips one end for the
battery, and a cig lighter the other end... its only any good when you are
parked up though... i've got one that i use to charge a laptop with.

It also might be worth sticking in an inline fuse as well....

sorry, just re read the original post, and my reply isn't relevant... my car
dictates how long the cig lighter operates after the ignition is off, i
though that was what you were talking about!!!

Old July 20th 04, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
chas

Thanks for your comments I suppose I'll have to get an ordinary 12v fridge
and wire it in.
these tend to be rather expensive tho

thanks Chas