Stove Advice

Old July 21st 04, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Edward Holt

Default Stove Advice

I'm needing to buy a stove and I'm after some advice.

I'd like the stove to be as powerful as possible for easy cooking.
I'm not going to be backpacking but taking my tent in a car.
I've tried a friends MSR stove and liked it - but not the price.
I don't need to be able to burn wild variety of full as I'll be stocking up
in advance.

Is there anything that's cheap and powerful that's easily transported with
the rest of the kit in the back of a small hatchback?

I'm planning trip round Scotland this year and I've already bought a Force
Ten - 'cos it's easy to put up.