overnighter tent

« - | - »

Old July 21st 04, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Helen Johnson[_2_]

Default overnighter tent

we are soon to be a family of 4. V happy with our khyam frontier for
long weekends, but just fancied something smaller [actually am always
embarrassed by hugeness of khyam when first put up] for overnight stops,
and for the occassionas when sapce known to be more of an issue.
have been looking around and wondering between vango venture 500 and the
wynnster Jupiter 5 dome. I like the fact that the wynnster has the
living space as the biggest bit, but having already bought one
embarrassingly big tent, don't want to put up the overnighter and think
the same. We do want a living bit though, as with 2 small children, for
the rainier evenings we want to be able to sit in the porch area and get
4 and a table for dinner in there. Most of the time, this will be a fair
weather only tent, as we will only be doing that its brill weather, lets
nip to the coast on sat am and return sun am thing with it.
what do you think - anyone got one, or seen them in the flesh?? I've
just seen on internet
--
Helen Johnson
http://www.familyfrench.co.uk/nappies/index.htm
Old July 22nd 04, 06:37 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
aaj

Hi Helen

we had our first run out in our new Aztec Lago 4 last week, and it proved
pretty good.

Its got a good waterproof HH rating (just as well seeing as its July and it
hammered it down !!!). It also went together pretty OK (2 of us about 20
mins for fly sheet, but that was using instructions)

Its just about tall enough for me to stand in, and with 2 small kids I rekon
you would just about have enough room, although there wouldn't be much to
spare.

You can get the technical details of www.wildday.co.uk , the tent cost about
140.00

Hope this helps

Andy

Old July 22nd 04, 07:19 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
aaj

Sorry... should have read your post more closely 8-)

I've seen some ventures set up at Mitchell's near Wakefield, but never come
across the wynnster, so not much help from me I'm afraid....

. ..