Most magical camp site in the UK

Old July 22nd 04, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Craigy

Default Most magical camp site in the UK

Ok,

You can choose any where must have

drop dead beautiful scenery...
Good facilities...
good atmospher...

wheres your choice ??
Old July 22nd 04, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
AndyP[_2_]

"Craigy" wrote

wheres your choice ??

There's a nice flat rock just the right size for a thermarest a little down
from Sourlies bothy on the shores of Loch Nevis, Knoydart... starry skies,
moonlight on the lapping water. So long as you don't roll about too much in
your sleep.

Old July 23rd 04, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Craigy :
Ok,

You can choose any where must have

drop dead beautiful scenery...
Good facilities...
good atmospher...

wheres your choice ??

Horgabost Beach, Isle of Harris. Atmosphere as pure as you'll get in
UK! Facilities - well considering it's free, with toilet and fresh water
provided, it's a bargain! The scenery, overlooking the isle of Taransay,
is stunning (especially as the sun sets).

If we can go out of the UK, I'll choose Fredvang, Lofoten Islands,
Norway.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw [email protected]
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.

Old July 25th 04, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
steve Wilcox[_2_]

"Formal" campsite - Fisherground, Eskdale. Decent facilities, a great pub
( well within staggering distance ), adventure playground to keep the
kiddies amused. Its also one of the rare sites that doesn't frown on
campfires - you can even gather your own firewood from the adjacent copse.

My personal fave camping spot - Angle tarn ( around it, not in it . . . . .
..), Patterdale. Oh, and a couple of others that I'm not gonna reveal . . . .
..

--
Peace !

Steve Wilcox

"If Whisky Don't Kill Me I'll Live 'Til I Die"

Old July 26th 04, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
ali baba

poolewe
om...

Old July 26th 04, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
ali baba

poolewe

Old July 26th 04, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Chris 159

"steve Wilcox" wrote in message
news
"Formal" campsite - Fisherground, Eskdale. Decent facilities, a great pub
( well within staggering distance ), adventure playground to keep the
kiddies amused. Its also one of the rare sites that doesn't frown on
campfires - you can even gather your own firewood from the adjacent copse.

My personal fave camping spot - Angle tarn ( around it, not in it . . . .

..
.), Patterdale. Oh, and a couple of others that I'm not gonna reveal . . .

..
.

i just got back from 4 nights at patterdale :-D was really enjoyable. we
stayed at side farm which is a bit of a struggle to get in and out of with a
mondeo estate loaded to and beyond the rafters :-/

i still prefer nether wasdale though - its got awesome scenery