5th November

Old October 9th 03, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Wilson

Default 5th November

Anyone know of a site open and hosting a fireworks display nearby on this
date?Would be grateful for ANY replies.Not too far from North-west if
possible.

--
Paul Wilson

Old October 9th 03, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve W...

"Paul Wilson" wrote in message
Anyone know of a site open and hosting a fireworks display nearby on this
date?Would be grateful for ANY replies.Not too far from North-west if
possible.

--
Paul Wilson

Paul,

We were down at the Chester Fairoaks club site last weekend & noticed a
banner outside the nearby Hungry horse pub advertising a bonfire night bash,
not sure if its on bonfire night or at the weekend before or after. You
could always go on the Hungry horse website & get the phone number of the
'Rake' pub to ring & find out. The pub does a superb meal for the price &
the club site is excellent & within walking distance.

Steve...

Old October 9th 03, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Steve W..." wrote in message

"Paul Wilson" wrote in message
Anyone know of a site open and hosting a fireworks display nearby on

this
date?Would be grateful for ANY replies.Not too far from North-west if
possible.

--
Paul Wilson

Paul,

We were down at the Chester Fairoaks club site last weekend & noticed a
banner outside the nearby Hungry horse pub advertising a bonfire night

bash,
not sure if its on bonfire night or at the weekend before or after. You
could always go on the Hungry horse website & get the phone number of the
'Rake' pub to ring & find out. The pub does a superb meal for the price &
the club site is excellent & within walking distance.

Steve...

If you are going to a Hungary Horse in the evening have B/Fast then nothing
else to you get there. We have a local one which we usually go to the
evening we return form caravanning. Breakfast ...... pack up a bit later
...... travel home ...... unpack ..... still no food ..... Hungary Horse
...... just great .... the portions are very generous. Not top restaurant but
fairly good pub stuff.

Cheers ..... Richard

---

Old October 10th 03, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

"Paul Wilson" wrote in message
Anyone know of a site open and hosting a fireworks display nearby on this
date?Would be grateful for ANY replies.Not too far from North-west if
possible.

--
Paul Wilson

If you are a member of the Caravan Club, you might like to try

The Cheshire Centre Bonfire Rally
Oulton Park - Little Budworth
31st October - 02nd November 2003

This year the Cheshire Centre returns to a popular old venue for our Annual
Bonfire Rally. As well as the usual Car Boot Sale and the chance to book
your early rallies for 2004, we will be having our ever improving "Walk of
Lights", as well as a spectacular firework display.

Children can join in the fun at our Children's Activity club, whilst Mum and
Dad visit the trade stalls.

Throughout the year the Centre Committee will be planning this event and
details of further attractions happening throughout the weekend will be
available from any Committee member. The venue is a well-drained site, on
sandy soil. Roadways link all areas together and so there will therefore be
easy access for vehicles onto the well maintained grass. Oulton Park employ
a security firm to regularly patrol the complex and there is no access onto
the race track apart from in regulated areas.

see http://www.cheshirecentre.co.uk/rall...p03.htm#Oulton

Peter.

Old October 10th 03, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

&
the club site is excellent & within walking distance.

Steve...

If you are going to a Hungary Horse in the evening have B/Fast then

nothing
else to you get there. We have a local one which we usually go to the
evening we return form caravanning. Breakfast ...... pack up a bit later
..... travel home ...... unpack ..... still no food ..... Hungary Horse
..... just great .... the portions are very generous. Not top restaurant

but
fairly good pub stuff.

Cheers ..... Richard

---

The best place for November 5th, subject to you not being Catholic, is Lewes
in Sussex. There are a number of year round sites not to far away but the
best way in on the night is by train. Hog roasts, BBQ's and tremendous
competition between the half dozen or so firework societies which organise
it all.

Old October 11th 03, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Wilson

Thanks all.........some great replies and I hope to go to the site at
Chester.That pub grub sounds too good to miss!

--
Paul Wilson

Old October 11th 03, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ed

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:04:04 +0100, "bowtiejim"
wrote:

The best place for November 5th, subject to you not being Catholic, is Lewes
in Sussex. There are a number of year round sites not to far away but the
best way in on the night is by train. Hog roasts, BBQ's and tremendous
competition between the half dozen or so firework societies which organise
it all.

What's being a Catholic got to do with it?

Ed

Old October 11th 03, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gray

I can remember going to Bonfire at Mayfield for the competitions for a few
years got incredibly drunk most years and the photography I got proved it by
the end of the night 99% of the pictures were unusable

Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
you don't have to be mad but it helps

Old October 11th 03, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
RB News

wrote:

The best place for November 5th, subject to you not being Catholic, is Lewes
in Sussex. There are a number of year round sites not to far away but the
best way in on the night is by train. Hog roasts, BBQ's and tremendous
competition between the half dozen or so firework societies which organise
it all.

What's being a Catholic got to do with it?

Ed

They burn giant effigies of the Pope as part of the celebrations . . .

See:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/beyon...6_prog8c.shtml

http://www.bonfire.demon.co.uk/FireSite/glossary.html

http://www.everyonesbeckandcall.free....uk/lewes.html

http://www.janeandrichard.co.uk/photos/bonfire_2001/

and many similar by keying lewes bonfire pope into Google

Roger

Roger

Old October 11th 03, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T i m

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:26:32 +0100, Ed
wrote:

What's being a Catholic got to do with it?

Ed

[T] Maybe I'm missing something here but I think it's to do with
Terrorism? After all isn't it to 'celebrate' the (failed) attempt to
blow up the Houses of Parliment?

devils advocate mode on ..

I find the 'celebration' strange enough in itself, but what bothers me
most is the amount of money that is sent up in flames, the teriffied
animals, old folk and children and the extra load placed on the
emergency services in the name of .. ?

Add to that the amount of criminal damage caused by 'youths' (phone
boxes, letter boxes, houses, cars etc), worse the injuries caused to
people and the feeling that you are living in a war zone for a month
before and after the event (there have been loud explosions every
evening / night for about 10 days already ..) I'm surprised so many
folk still 'support' it .. or is it only the minority?

I made the 'effort' to go to the local Council event with my daughter
a few years ago (first and last time) and she wasn't bothered with the
fireworks, just wanted to go on the funfair?

I'm just glad my (folding) caravan is locked away in a garage .. ;-)

Just my 3dth ..

T i m

(I'll be indoors with a beer and the headphones on, or should I use
the cover to blow up this duff gas fridge ... hmmm .... )