Alternative campsite

Old July 29th 04, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Zay

Default Alternative campsite

Alternative campsite
After being to many festivals and my love for getting out camping I'm
getting fed up with the way the UK has become

Why you ask! Because there is no campsite thats designed for adults to just
be free from the rat race of life

What I would like!
1. To be able to pull up in a campsite with my old camper and not get looked
down on by 20K caravan owner who is hoping that you're not going to park
next to them
2. Play music until late at night
3. Have a bonfire
4. Get drunk
5. Smoke a joint (The government except that people like to smoke drugs now)
6. Able to talk to other campers and share your barbeque and drink as this
happens at all festivals
7. Able to just enjoy yourself without any hassle

My quest is for anyone that has any land, or a campsite that's not doing
very well, to consider setting up an alternative campsite. You don't need
much to money to outlay for like plug-in electricity point all you need is
toilets and showers and someone to take the money from visitors. I would
suggest that there are pre-set bricked rings for bonfires and a community
barbeque.

Ok what type of people would come!
Down to earth people that just want to get away for the weekend and meet new
friends and enjoy themself's

Would there be people that get out of hand
No you would not in my experience of festivals like
Glastonbury,Stonehenge,Reading rock fest that anyone gets out of hand as
they will soon be put in line by the other campers there. The litter issue
should be explained to all visitors when entering the site that it is not
welcome. This year at Stonehenge I watched many visitor walk about picking
up their litter as they do have respect for the land and are not just litter
bug hippies.

Ok love to hear some comment about this idea which i'll set up a post on my
forum for your comments
http://uk-hippy.com//index.php?showtopic=158