Devon/Dorset

Old July 31st 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Fran

Default Devon/Dorset

I'm looking for a basic(ish) campsite in the Devon/Dorset area.
Showers would be nice, especially if included in the price, and
hot water for washing people and plates. Ideally there will be
no need to book - just turn up, find a space, pitch in it, wait
for the owner to come round for his dosh. I've just been
checking the ukcampsite.co.uk site and there are loads of caravan
places and/or expensive campsites with all mod cons... do any of
you know of any cheap'n'cheerfuls in the area?
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.
Old August 2nd 04, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Wainscotting

"Fran" wrote in message
t...
I'm looking for a basic(ish) campsite in the Devon/Dorset area.
Showers would be nice, especially if included in the price, and
hot water for washing people and plates. Ideally there will be
no need to book - just turn up, find a space, pitch in it, wait
for the owner to come round for his dosh. I've just been
checking the ukcampsite.co.uk site and there are loads of caravan
places and/or expensive campsites with all mod cons... do any of
you know of any cheap'n'cheerfuls in the area?
--
Fran
If you need my email address please ask.

There is one such site in Axemouth - Devon. You will see it on the right
hand side before arriving at Seaton. Turn right after a pub called the Ship.
We arrived Saturday night, when it looked a little like Glastonbury
festival, but was ok (2 fields full of tents/caravans and campervans). Loads
of people left Sunday morning. Just turn up, pitch your tent and enjoy. Guy
comes round in the morning and collects fees (10/night). Showers, toilets,
washing up facilities, on river quite near beach. Small camp shop.

Old August 2nd 04, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Judith

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:55:21 +0100, "Wainscotting"
wrote:

Guy
comes round in the morning and collects fees (10/night)

10 ? Blimey, I hope that's for all of you, Fran!

Judith