Puy du Fou

Old October 9th 03, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HarryBurr1

Default Puy du Fou

I must admit I've never heard of this place until recently. Can anybody
enlighten me. I understand it's a kind of theme park but that's all I know.

harryB
Old October 10th 03, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

If you like this sort of thing it's brilliant. i.e. A mediaeval type of
theme park, imagine Ironbridge or Beamish with tabeaux that equal anything
Disney can offer.
Stewart

Old October 10th 03, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger M

Superb! Jousting etc. The mock battles are incredible and it seems as if
thousands are involved.
Fireworks at the end of the show in the evening are fabulous. But it is a
long evening and in spring or autumn the dew comes down and you need a
blanket etc.

I made the mistake of forgetting I could not take my dog in! So had to go
back.

Plenty of sites near Poitiers make a visit possible.

The best bet may be a large caravan site which runs an excursion to Puy de
Fou so you don't need to drive, park etc. The only one I know, for sure, is
a long way off in Thouiers.

Roger

Old October 10th 03, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:51:56 +0000 (UTC), "Roger M"
wrote:

| Superb! Jousting etc.

Or try your nearest English Heritage site
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/d...de%26WCE%3D107
http://tinyurl.com/geol

Or go to
Royal Armouries, National Museum of arms & armour. Free!
http://www.armouries.org.uk/
Lots of jousting, up close and personal.
only two barriers a couple of feet apart between you and the combatants,
If they hit you, you would be a gonner.

IMO the best Royal Armouries exhibit is Sadam's 1 meter bore Gun at
Fort Nelson Down End Road FAREHAM Hampshire PO17 6AN
http://www.armouries.org.uk/extsite/...p?sectionId=83

Dave F
Old October 10th 03, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

"HarryBurr1" asked:

I must admit I've never heard of this place until recently. Can anybody
enlighten me. I understand it's a kind of theme park but that's all I

know.
---***----
As others have remarked it's a really good day out. They do an evening
performance (son et lumiere) with a few hundred horseriders etc. I missed
that because they only do it on certain dates and you need to book up in
advance.
The falconry display is amazing with birds flying around to music. There is
also a very interesting sound and slide show in which the images are
projected onto a 'screen' of falling water, which allows very clever
effects.
It's worth every sous (euro-centime). If you're anywhere near, don't miss
it!

Cheers, Doc.