propane lanterns

Old July 31st 04, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil Purling

Default propane lanterns

Are there any sources within Britain of the American 2 mantle propane
burning lantern?
Now I know that you can buy the 16.4oz cannisters of propane locally.
The lanterns are dirt cheap in the US but the postage and bank charges are a
huge consideration. I could buy a pristine lantern for the equivalent of
five pounds but shipping and bank charges for a foreign currency cheque are
going to be six times the cost of the lantern.

Old August 1st 04, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Rik

I would buy from the States via ebay.co.uk, and pay online using paypal (no
buyer charges now). Shipping on a lantern should be no more that $15-$25,
which is not bad considering the current exchange rate. I just had a brass
camping stove sent over via airmail for $12.95

Rik

Old August 2nd 04, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Jayne

"Neil Purling" wrote in message
Are there any sources within Britain of the American 2 mantle propane
burning lantern?
Now I know that you can buy the 16.4oz cannisters of propane locally.
The lanterns are dirt cheap in the US but the postage and bank charges are

huge consideration. I could buy a pristine lantern for the equivalent of
five pounds but shipping and bank charges for a foreign currency cheque

are
going to be six times the cost of the lantern.

Coleman don't supply them in the UK at all. I think your only bet would be
to buy it and have it shipped from the US.

However, the propane canisters aren't always readily available. I know when
we have them in stock people buy several at a time and they are very soon
gone.

Jayne