petrol stove

Old August 6th 04, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Guest

Default petrol stove

just made me 1st brew on a Coleman sportster. Up to now a much better built
apparatus than the Harley Sportster!

Old August 24th 04, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
richard baker

good stove, but use coleman fuel or carry a spare generator, they clog very
easy on un leaded petrol

Rik

Old August 28th 04, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
Neil

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:55:28 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Baker"
wrote:

wrote in message
just made me 1st brew on a Coleman sportster. Up to now a much better

built
apparatus than the Harley Sportster!

good stove, but use coleman fuel or carry a spare generator, they clog very
easy on un leaded petrol

Rik

Rik,

What unleaded petrol have you been using mate? I read that the U.S.
guys seem to have an clogging issue with their unleaded, but that is
not my experience here.

I have had a couple of Coleman dual fuel stoves for at least 8 years,
and have only ever used unleaded petrol in both of them(always use the
filter funnel). I have only changed the generators in each of them
once in that time. Additionally, the 533 generator is not difficult
to clean out and reuse!

Carrying a spare generator(they're not particularly bulky anyway) is a
wise precaution whatever fuel you use though.

But at nearly 10 a litre, I won't be using Coleman fuel!

Neil

Old September 2nd 04, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
richard baker

Hi Neil

The clogging is not my main concern with the Coleman, its the fumes given
off by burning un leaded petrol. Coleman fuel is very expensive, I use
lighter fuel such as Swan, Ronsonol etc which if you shop around works out
at half the price of Coleman fuel. Like Coleman fuel, lighter fluid is
Naptha, a very refined petrol which burns much cleaner. I use a 60+ year
old Svea 123 stove, which has needed no spares, just the odd prick of the
nozzle with a wire pricker to keep it tip top (like my Optimus 8r and 75
year old Primus 71). Coleman are good, but just not as well built as the
brass Swedish stoves, but then, I have a bias toward the Swedish stoves, as
I collect Classic camp stoves (yes, I know, its sad)

Rik

Old September 4th 04, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
John Mann

In message , martin
writes
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:04:37 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Baker"
wrote:

I've got a Primus 100, where do I get a pricker from?

www.base-camp.co.uk
--
John Mann