Site suggestions around humberside area

Old August 6th 04, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
killermike[_2_]

Default Site suggestions around humberside area

Hi all

Could anyone suggest some good sites around the Humberside area? I would
be camping in a tent, by myself and using public transport to get there.

I want to return to camping after a break of about ten years. I've just
got a new tent to replace the ancient one I used to use when I was in
the Scouts. The idea behind getting the new tent was to motivate myself
into actually going camping rather than just talking about going camping
this year.

If possible, I would like to visit a site in a coastal area and within
walking distance of the sea. I am looking for somewhere affordable
(read: cheap!) but I would want somewhere with at least minimal
facilities such as running water and toilets.

I am in North Lincolnshire. If there was a cheap site that accepts tents
in Cleethorpes that someone could recommend, I would be most grateful.
I'm prepared to go across the bridge into North Humberside/Yorkshire, if
it were worth it for a good site. I don't want to travel too far as the
travel costs would quickly start to conflict with the idea of having a
cheap holiday by going camping in a tent.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
np:

Old August 9th 04, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
killermike[_2_]

karl Kittsen wrote:
Thornwick and Sea Farm, Flamborough, but maybe a bit far outside humberside.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I looked it up but TBH, it is a bit far
North for me. Thanks again.

Old August 10th 04, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Paul King

[...]

How about Thorpe Park, Cleethorpes?
http://www.british-holidays.co.uk/pa... g&language=1

Old August 12th 04, 03:50 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
killermike[_2_]

Paul King wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd already found that one.

I had a look on the website and it's a bit expensive for me. It's really
more of an elaborate site with more facilities than I need. I'll take a
look back later in the year to see what the prices are like.