WTB: Decent 1-man Tent for Bike Camping

Old August 7th 04, 05:36 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
Tony B

Default WTB: Decent 1-man Tent for Bike Camping

I'm planning on doing a bit of bike camping next year, I was hoping to pick
up a suitable lightweight tent soon (end of season bargain hopefully) so I'm
after recommendations for a suitable make/model.

I want something that is easy to pitch, light, packs small but nothing TOO
expensive. It's only for campsite camping, and not in the depths of winter
either. Moastly summer sunshine ;-)

Currently in the frame is the Wild Country Ilanos, based on a review in
Cycling Plus magazine. Anyone got experience of this one? Or any other
lightweigh 1-man tent?

thanks in advance,

Tony B

Old August 7th 04, 05:57 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
Oldbloke

Default Decent 1-man Tent for Bike Camping

Tony B wrote:
I'm planning on doing a bit of bike camping next year, I was hoping
to pick up a suitable lightweight tent soon (end of season bargain
hopefully) so I'm after recommendations for a suitable make/model.

I want something that is easy to pitch, light, packs small but
nothing TOO expensive. It's only for campsite camping, and not in the
depths of winter either. Moastly summer sunshine ;-)

Currently in the frame is the Wild Country Ilanos, based on a review
in Cycling Plus magazine. Anyone got experience of this one? Or any
other lightweigh 1-man tent?

thanks in advance,

Mine came from Milletts, very nice it is too.
Cost about thirty quid IIRC.

--
Dan L (Oldbloke)
My NEW bike 1996 Kawasaki ZR1100 Zephyr

Old August 7th 04, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
Jon Martin

In message , Tony B
writes
I'm planning on doing a bit of bike camping next year, I was hoping to pick
up a suitable lightweight tent soon (end of season bargain hopefully) so I'm
after recommendations for a suitable make/model.

I want something that is easy to pitch, light, packs small but nothing TOO
expensive. It's only for campsite camping, and not in the depths of winter
either. Moastly summer sunshine ;-)

Currently in the frame is the Wild Country Ilanos, based on a review in
Cycling Plus magazine. Anyone got experience of this one? Or any other
lightweigh 1-man tent?

thanks in advance,

Tony B

For one of the lightest and best, try Robert Saunders' Jetpacker
(http://www.robertsaunders.co.uk/). Depends on your definition of "too
expensive" mind. It's not the cheapest, but a long way from the amount
you could spend at Cotswolds.....

Jon
--
ADSL at last. You can ring me now, too!
[email protected](bloater).(plus).(com) (lose the brackets)

Old August 7th 04, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
sweller

Tony B wrote:

I want something that is easy to pitch, light, packs small but nothing
TOO expensive. It's only for campsite camping, and not in the depths of
winter either. Moastly summer sunshine ;-)

I went to the local independent camping shop - said almost exactly as
above and picked up a nice two man tent (you'll need somewhere for the
leathers and stuff) for ~35. I also bought a sleeping bag (that packs
up pretty small) for ~18.

The tent meets all my requirements and worked well in the thunderstorm
whilst at Chimay this year.

This is the one:
http://www.gear-zone.co.uk/eshop/Aztec-Cascada-2.html

--
Simon

Brighton | MYSOB: http://www.sweller.co.uk/sob/
England | MZSOB: http://www.mztech.fsnet.co.uk/

Old August 7th 04, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
Tony B

This is the one:
http://www.gear-zone.co.uk/eshop/Aztec-Cascada-2.html

thanks for the link - that shop have my favoured Ilanos at a hefty discount,
hmm... thanks!

bfn,

Tony B

Old August 7th 04, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.camping,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
sweller

Tony B wrote:

This is the one:
http://www.gear-zone.co.uk/eshop/Aztec-Cascada-2.html

thanks for the link - that shop have my favoured Ilanos at a hefty
discount, hmm... thanks!

Heh, no problem. The link was just one of the first that Google threw up
showing my tent. I didn't get it from there.