OT - Advice required

Old August 8th 04, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bea

Default OT - Advice required

I am going to Prague in a few weeks, and someone mentioned that I may need a
Visa. I am a British citizen, so I shouldn;t think that would be a problem.

Also, I was wondering if any of you could tell me what currency they have in
the Czech Republic?

Any advice about Czech or Prague would be valued greatly as this is my first
visit to the place. This includes any places you think that I shouldn't
miss.

Thanks in advance!!

Old August 9th 04, 06:38 AM posted to uk.rec.camping
QrizB[_2_]

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 00:08:34 +0100, "Bea"
wrote:

I am going to Prague in a few weeks, and someone mentioned that I may need a
Visa. I am a British citizen, so I shouldn;t think that would be a problem.

From www.fco.gov.uk

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

Holders of British passports whose nationality is shown as anything
other than British Citizen must contact their nearest Czech Embassy
(Czech representation in the UK) to determine whether they require a
visa for entry to the Czech Republic.

Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months and in a
presentable state. Holders of passports with just a short period of
validity remaining or which are in poor condition have been refused
entry to the Czech Republic. Children aged 15 and above must have
their own passports. Those travelling on a parent's passport will be
refused entry to the Czech Republic. Visitors are also advised to
carry with them a photocopy of the datapage of their passport at all
times, for identification purposes.

--
QrizB

"On second thought, let's not go to Z'Ha'Dum. It is a silly place."

Old August 9th 04, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Phil Cook[_3_]

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 00:08:34 +0100, Bea wrote:

I am going to Prague in a few weeks, and someone mentioned that I may need a
Visa. I am a British citizen, so I shouldn;t think that would be a problem.

Also, I was wondering if any of you could tell me what currency they have in
the Czech Republic?

Putting Czech currency into google returns this:
http://www.myczechrepublic.com/basic..._currency.html

Any advice about Czech or Prague would be valued greatly as this is my first
visit to the place. This includes any places you think that I shouldn't
miss.

See elsewhere on the site above no doubt.

Old August 9th 04, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.camping
Bea

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 00:08:34 +0100, Bea wrote:

I am going to Prague in a few weeks, and someone mentioned that I may

need a
Visa. I am a British citizen, so I shouldn;t think that would be a

problem.

Also, I was wondering if any of you could tell me what currency they have

in
the Czech Republic?

Putting Czech currency into google returns this:
http://www.myczechrepublic.com/basic..._currency.html

Any advice about Czech or Prague would be valued greatly as this is my

first
visit to the place. This includes any places you think that I shouldn't
miss.

See elsewhere on the site above no doubt.

Thanks loads for your advice. Will make a photocopy of my passport and will
check out that website given.

Bea